• Changed their minds. Today it says:

Time: 1200  

Sunny Intervals
    Temperature: 25 °C
    Wind Dir: SSE
    Wind Sp: 3 mph
    UV: 3
    Feels Like Temperature: 27 °C

• Temperature keeps going up... will be HOT!   I hear much of the course is in the shade though, so that's a good thing. 

See you all on the start line image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

It may be in the shade but the woods are deep, dark and steamy when the temperature is hot. On top of that, the organizers of this event have a knack of selecting the hottest, stickiest, muggiest day of the year. It's like running in a sauna.

Still a great event though and made even better by the ladies with their tea and cakes stall. Sports drinks and gels are for wimps!

• good luck everybody - sun is shining brightly and its 7:30...bit worried but hey 13 miles and a bit of sun isnt going to beat me image

• Wow it was hot!!!

13.1 miles of sweat and more sweat but had a good race today and the pool afterwards was defintely appreciated - I need to find more races with a pool!!

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Hot hot hot ... I haven't sweated so much in a long time. Loads of people flaked out with medics looking after them. I hope everyone was okay in the end.

My plan was to trundle round in a slow but steady pace, keeping even splits if possible. No chance ... I got the slow but steady bit right and just slower and steadier as the race when on image

But the main aim was just to finish compos mentis and in one piece.

• Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    First time I have run this, and thoroughly enjoyed the route. Some welcome shade, and a refreshing garden hose in the face - perfect. Kept to a constant pace and just scraped inside my first sub 1:25. I was in a rush to get to a concert, so had to put some motorcycle gear on straight away. Yuk. I so wanted to use the pool.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I've had the email from the race photographer. Very efficient, personalized link to the snaps of me etc .... but they're charging how much? They have got to be kidding!

• I actually bought the photos... very expensive but some of the photos were really funny - showed exactly hoqw much pain I was in image

Certainly the hottest temp I have ever done a long run - went for a PB but regretted it by mile 9 and had to jog home.  Interesting experience, never hit 'the wall' before, even in longer training runs.

• I dunno @Muttley, I think the photog prices were fairly standard. London Marathon was a fair bit more expensive.