bupa manchester 10k -date change annoyance

hi all

am definately not a happy bunny today!after watching the bupa manchester 10k on tv earlier this year thought id really fancy it and sign up with a mate to run it in 2013.weeks passed after 2012 event finished and a 'CONFIRMED' date of sunday may 12th 2013 was put up on facebook and the website.ideal i thought as that date worked well for me and so booked me and my mate into a hotel near the finish line and regular checks of the website over the past couple months set a sign up for entry date of september 3rd but in the past week the date has altered on the website to may 26th 2013.there is no reason why this has changed and no-one is getting back to me about this from bupa so i have looked into cancelling my hotel room as i am due to get married on may 25th and so definately would not be able to make the run unless the bride walks out on me at the alter!the hotel have said that i will not get any refund on my £60 reservation fee.feeling very hard done by and that bupa have duped me.surely a confirmed date means confirmed and not hmmm we'l pencil that date in and change it around.anyone else in similar position or know if i can have the financial blow softened?personally think bupa should let me into a couple events for free as this is there fault.rant over!

cheers

Comments