Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    efc-colefc-col ✭✭✭

Speedy belated well done on your win and nice keepsake too.Only you will know if your up to a sub 3 attempt but i think you have a good chance of taking a big chunk off your pb not being greedy is a sensible approach, you will know a bit more after GNR and by the looks of things i may well struggle to keep up with you!

Gul looking forward to your magic mile chalenge speedy reps there.

KR another with fast consistent reps this week, whats the next target?

OO well done on your 1st vet and 9th result, am in zone B orange i can always try and sneak you in there, just try and get a number.

Been quite busy lately trying to build some endurance and speed, i have quite a lot going on in the next 5 weeks, 1 multi terrain race every Tuesday in September,GNR on the 16th, a company games event in Toulouse, obviously running for me,on the weekend of 21st 23rd Sept and then all being well and if i get a decent time at GNR i may even run Chester marathon Oct 7th.

15m today with the last 5m under 7m/m hope to reach 60m at the weekend.

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

OOlg - great result.
    SJ - very quick working drills there! Are you doing more swimming today and tomorrow?
    EFC-Col - great mileage this week and sounds like you're going to be busier still; good luck with all those events coming up.
    5 miles for me this morning to round off August (already?!)|
    A bit lighter on mileage than planned. I did 120.37 miles in 15:31:13 at an average pace of 7:45 m/m over 22 runs and got 1 PB image

• Options
    Nice one OO

Busy month planned there Col, sounds like great fun!

Yes Gul, open water group session in Windermere tonight which should be fun. Just on way to taking SJJr3 out mountain biking in Grizedale this morning which should tire the legs out a bit image It is sunny!
  • Options

Good stats Gul. You seem to have just got the balance ight to put together a really good block of injury free training.

You're insidiously turning this in to a tri thread SJ. We'll have MM and Keir back next chuffing over bike pedals

Good mileage efc-col. Company games sound intriguing ....

Had a good run last night in the evening sun. Done (as is my way just now) without reference to GPS. 15 min easy (7.28), 30 min steady (6.55), 35 min MP (6.28). All felt fairly manageable. No way is 6.28 a realistic MP but just goes to show how we all let Garmins limit us !

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

SJ - Grizedale, Windermere... and sunny too! I'm jealous.
    FW - great session there - looking very promising. And yes, it's just over 11 months free of injury for me now. I'm really enjoying focussing on the shorter distances and while I'm still seeing improvements I may as well continue. So I've more or less decided to delay the planned increase in mileage for a couple of months, although I might tweak my schedule to slip in the odd tempo session.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Slokey I've just entered the Derwentwater 10 mile race in November- tough race but one of my favourites around the lake in Keswick.

6 miler planned tonight then rest for the big one on Sunday. Hilly 10 miler Hexham to Ovingham. It'll be tough but the target is 61 minutes.

• Options
    61min for a hilly 10 sounds like quite a challenge OO. Give it some beans!

Gul, it is now raining

FW, yes lots of tri stuff in my head at the mo but the real driver is to get some focus so that I cross train properly rather than just flap about and the whole point of that is to build training volume so I get fitter (and hopefully run faster) without getting injured. I've capped my weekly run mileage to
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    ... to what, SJ? The suspense is killing me!
  • Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Zero, by the looks of thingsimage

LSR out of the way this morning (15M) as I'm going to a wedding in Cambridge tomorrow and then have to leave quite early on Sunday to get back to Bristol to play in a concert.  I'm guessing this means that I won't be able to take advantage of the flatness of Cambridge's parkrun.  Heigh-ho...

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

hoping to break it at Chester in a few weeksimage

• Options
    Very good lactate threshold session for me tonight. PD week 11 and a 12 miler with 7 at hmp. Really didn't fancy it tonight as felt jaded from 15 miler on Wednesday, but managed to nail it with av pace of 6.15 for 7. Really chuffed with this one as pushed quite hard on 15 miler with av pace of 7.06 two days ago.

I really do not look forward to race pace training sessions!!

The big one on Sunday. 22 miles.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sounds tough Dylan man but you cracked it. 22 miles is a long way for Sunday, take care image

9.5 for me tonight at 8:20 pace in wind and drizzle. That's it now till Sunday....

• Options
    Weird, managed to cutoff my last post

Capped mileage to
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Maybe we have to guess....
  • Options

(After all, it is The Answer)

• Options
    Also-ranAlso-ran ✭✭✭
    DM - sounds like a tough session executed in top form. I had a 10 miler tonight which included 10 x 2min hill reps. Not a favorite session of mine - most thoughts were directed towards not quitting.

I'll go with Speedy's guess as 42 is the answer to Everything
  • Options
    Seriously, what the crunck is wrong with my postings today...?

3rd time lucky....

Capped mileage to
  • Options

had to go on sons laptop - right

• Options

good grief!

• Options

is someone at RW messing with my mind?

• Options

8th bliddy time - up to 55!  

• Options

yay - hoping that the additional cross-training training stimulus is equivalent to a 60-65 mile week and I'll find out if it has worked at 11:59 on 21st October

• Options

suspect that when you use a (less than) symbol via safari the message just gets wiped - apologies for my information entering ineptitude!

• Options

Wow, that looked like hard work SJ - take it easy now for the rest of the weekendimage
    Jools - hope you gave a good weekend in Cambridge. I spoke to a guy from Ely who does the Cambridge parkrun and he says it is a bit of stampede at the start to get to the bit where the path narrows first; he has fallen a couple of times.
    Lovely 10 mile plod this morning at 8:30 m/m out to Castle Rising woods and back. Probably not going to be able to do that run early in the morning much longer now that "summer" is almost over.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Slokey, u sure you're not taking the Michael image