foot moving in shoe - Orthotics?

JohnFolJohnFol ✭✭✭

Morning all, 

I've been running aroubnd 4 years, and do 10-25 miles a week depending on what events are coming up. I've stuck with Adrenaline GTS for several years having tried 4/5 makes and models. I can buy 1 pair and instantly run 10-15 miles without issue, and a 2nd identical pair and I'll get blisters within 4-5. The blister is always on the right foot, on the skin between the inner ankle and the sole. I'm on my 6th set and only 2 pairs cause the problems.

So I've just had my gait re-assessed and it's clear the motion control is correct, but my right foot moves in the shoe far more than the left, explaining the blistering on the right foot. 

The advice was to consider orthotics, but this is where I have the problem. Shops like sweatshop describe them as "Designed to absorb the shock caused by pounding the roads". Most articles describe them as correcting pain caused through injuries. Reading the forums here and the view is orthotics should only be used in a neutral shoe.

So my question is, what should I be buying to reduce the movement of my foot in the shoe?

Comments