Morning

Todays lyrics:Livin' easy, lovin' free, season ticket on a one-way ride

What:4.5M Steadily done.

Why: A 28 year plus habit

It was dry, cooler no wind so a nice morning for it

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Not such a nice start here as yesterday but forecast to be dry, bright and reasonably warm through the weekend at least.

OH - that run will make LN seem all the easier.

What:             short, easy swim/smt
    Why:              recovery
    Last hard:       haven't done hard for a while
    Last rest:        29/8

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning, and a bright sunny one at that!

What: rest
    Why: caution

Not a good night with my calf...but having been up for an hour or so there seems to be no problem.

No lyrics today, but off to work for the morning any second!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Bright calm morning here after the storm. Sun on a flat sea.

What: not much

Why: lsr yesterday and on call today

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: no

Sorry to hear about poor night caution probably appropriate

LMH: ... but not making walking easier today!
  • Morning

What 10.34
    Why MLR
    Lyrics No

Went a bit off course due to traffic stopping me crossing the A40 where I normally would, but nice to run in some new areas.

Pig of a day at work so some respite ahead of the hard graft. May be back later. 

• morning all, looks another lovely day out there...
    postie - yeah got the e-mail, just checking dates/logistics/family stuff 
    ale - track definitely further, did 5k warm up the other week on the track, its a lonely place
    blisters/rfj - no, I swim the worst (as in I don't & can't) My youngest's swimming ability obvioulsy comes from Mrs D (she just gets her good looks and dazzling personality from me.....) 
    what - summat easy
    why - club night last night and I woke up with wooden legs: 400m fast 400 steady, 300 fast, 300 steady, then 200, 200, 100, 100  x 3 sets with 3mins easy between each
    'bondarenko' session which I think I've mentioned before...(one of our coaches favourites)
    http://running-coaching.co.uk/to-finish-first-you-must-first-finish-rick-mears/

lyric - pondering

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

what: swim later

why: triathlon in less than two weeks

last hard: monday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • OH: well done yesterday getting that 21 miler in!

alehouse: why do you find track 10ks harder? I actually prefer them. Not that I've done many (there is very limited choice) ... I did one and thought WOW. No hills or hidden surprises and the bouncy track surface helps with speed which is great if you have none, like me ...  and the atmosphere in a stadium adds a whole new dimension to racing. I suddenly felt like a proper athlete even though it was just an open to all race on my old school's Summer Sports Day!

Dustin: sounds a bit image your sesh! I think the talked about Bondarenko sessions on Marathon Talk in one episode. Can't remember which one though.

what: 10 miles with strides and 6x600m reps at the end
    why: see above ... no speed!
    last hard: today
    last rest: 25/8
    lyrics: no

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

Last night's club session was a 4.5 m time trial. Blessed with a better handicap and a few people to chase after I improved my previous effort of two weeks a go by just over a minute though I still managed to make a mess of it as the splits show - 7:18, 7:30, 7:45 and 8:30(!) pace for the last 1.5 miles. Despite that overall pace was 7:54, so another sub 8:00 session and a lot of scope for improvement through better pace judgement.

On the back of my efforts over the past four days I was expecting to be very leg weary, but didn't want to turn down the chance of my monthly off road laps of Ferry Meadows. Ran very easily and relaxed at 8:30 pace and really enjoyed it. Think I'm seeing small causes for optimismimage

Birkmyre - do you run competitively at all these days?
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Chick' that sounds like a pretty good session there. Are you currently working towards anything.
  • Chick:  I've never done a track 10k, and have no great ambition to do so! It was just a group of us talking and the general consenus was that it just seems so much further...its probably the monotony and the relentnessness of it! I understand your view, though!

Tom: softly softly etc etc

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Ouch Dustin that a killer session.... same with Chick 6 x 600 not easy either....

What - 6.5 Steady for me
    Why - Club session
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Last Rest - Fri

Take care

• Ah, Ferry Meadows, you're bringing back memories Tom!

chickadeee - that sounds like a tough session.

Dustin - hope you get to use the training in an autumn marathon.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Chick: meant to say I have actually done a couple of one hour races on the track, but somehow I had no problem with them...obviously a slower pace and you knew how long you were running for! Everyone had the same aim: run as far as possible...quite a different feeling to a straight race, even though they were! Have done far too many 5ks on the track and that is plenty far enough at "speed".

Yes, some good sessions going on, notably Chick and Dustin. And well done on toughing things out yesterday, OH.