How has running helped you?

Had to have an MRI today which was dreading. However found as they do several little scans rather than being one continous scan I treated it like interval training which helped. So just wondered how running had helped you apart from the obvious fitness benefits. C

Comments

• I solve work problems in my head when I'm running, I set up the task and then go for a run, I usually have an answer by the time I'm home, I'm concentrating half on running and half on the issue, seems to work for me.

• I'm much better at converting miles into kilometres and vice versa.

• PhilPub wrote (see)

I'm much better at converting miles into kilometres and vice versa.

I'm still hopeless at that, so, much as it galls me, I've given in to peer pressure and decided from this week all my training and pacing will be in miles (apart from intervals  obviously, which, as is tradition, will be in km for distance and miles for pace).

Other than that it gives me and the missus something to talk about.

• I've learned how to wash synthetics.  I've learned how to shower using wet wipes in a car.  I've learned how to sh*t in the woods, which leaves don't disintegrate, and which have thorns underneath.

• Lou Diamonds wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)

I'm still hopeless at that, so, much as it galls me, I've given in to peer pressure and decided from this week all my training and pacing will be in miles (apart from intervals  obviously, which, as is tradition, will be in km for distance and miles for pace).

Lou Diamonds wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)

Lou Diamonds wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)

Lou Diamonds wrote (see)

Lou - our younger daugther recently asked us - 'what did you two talk about before you started running? - we couldn't remember.

• Today running helped me destress and somewhat clear my head. I had a really tough meeting this morning about the future of my job. I believe that carrying on running whilst I am so shaken up emotionally will help me stay strong mentally and process what this change means. 

• Whoops - never done quotes before.

• 3 years ago I was on anti-depressants...I was encouraged to run by my lovely hubby and guess what..been off the happy pills for 2 years!

Running definately improves my mood. Just getting over an ITB injury and the other half says I was awful when I couldn't run.....no wonder he said yes when I  suggested going to see a podiatrist privately!

• Running hasn't really helped me at all. I have used it to destress, but it could have been any activity. I've used it to divert my attention away from work, again, could have been any activity.

It space fills and helps me from 'catching' houseworkitis'.