McLentil

2»

Comments

• 161 Stroud Green Road.
  • Cheers for the ideas. My daughter loves curry, but my son will tag along and eat only the rice and the poppadoms. 

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    I was recently at a service station. People were queing up at 10am at KFC!! Pretty gross I know, but looking at the menu it made me think. At least KFC are unhealthy and don't mind admitting it. Fried chips with fried chicken all thrown into a huge bucket. Now that's honest. None of this putting a bag of carrots on the side and a slice of lettuce on the burger. That's trying to make unhealthy food seem healthy.

But they did go through a re-branding from Kentucky FRIED Chicken to KFC just in order to drop the fried bit as it was seen as unhealthy

• Some recent research at Newcastle Uni suggested that organic milk actually has higher levels of poly unsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin when compared to conventially reared cows milk. The difference is only found in summer tho' which made them suggest that it reflects the type of diet the cows eat in summer. In winter the majority of cows are fed in a similar manner, but in summer organic cattle tend to have a more grass diet.

I like a McDonalds now and again - usually when limited choice. The A1 between Scotland and Newcastle a little short on places for something to eat late on a Sunday night. I think the grilled chicken salad is pretty good - although i also sometimes have fries image

• Fiona J wrote (see)

The A1 between Scotland and Newcastle a little short on places for something to eat late on a Sunday night. I think the grilled chicken salad is pretty good - although i also sometimes have fries image

Now this is interesting.  One time that I'm actually drawn to corporate fast food outlets is when I'm forced to refuel my tummy at motorway service stations.  In a captive environment where the average standard of food (I'm thinking health and taste) are way below what I could rustle up myself, I might as well go with what I know, preferably a three-piece meal from KFC.  image  I think I'm still reeling from a particularly bad "all-day breakfast" from one of those generic shite-holes many, many years ago.