Friday 7 Sept 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics;Just once or twice, and not disclosin'

Yesterdays lyrics: Bryan Adams and' Back to you'

What:4.5M Steadily done

Why: Habit, of course. 

Re shoes; Still got an old pair of red Puma Munchen sprint spikes. Couldn't throw them out. Mt first proper running spikes and they cost £34.95 which was a fortune back then. Early 80s. Mind you had £20 of sports vouchers to help pay for them.

ale: Have applied for a few jobs and stil looking waiting. 3 weeks to go.

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

I'm not doing well with the lyrics at the moment.

birkmyre - hope the right thing sorts itself out for you at the right time.

Alehouse - that's nearly like not being retired isn't it?

Not sleeping very well at the moment and had another rough night last night. Woke feeling as though I've been punched in the face - just hope it's as a result of the dentist banging and poking yesterday and not a recurrence of the infection.

What:         hours easy run
    Why:          starting work later than usual for a Friday so can fit it in
    Last hard:   it's all a little hard at the moment
    Last rest:    29/8

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Up bright and early for me (but not for leisure)

BM - good luck with job hunting

What:early night image
    Why: first call out at 2:30 this morning (and on call again over weekend
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Looks like a nice day out there image

• Morning!

Yet another no to the lyrics!

What: 0
    Why: rest day, plus leg a little tender this morning. No doubt QofP will find the exact spots later this afternoon.

LMH: yes, its nearly like not being retired, but that's fine! I no longer have the stresses of management: its only a couple of years ago that I worked six days a week and only took four days holiday all year...so much for teachers' holidays!). I am also away from the bureaucratic stresses of the classroom and by and large can get back to simply teaching, which is probably what I do best. I have a regular 3 days a week until further notce (either way), but it is regarded as a "tough" school: at yesterday's training day several other teachers have said that they have refused to go back to it! Bring it on!
    Hope the face settles, LMH.

Bright and sunny an hour ago...now its very dark, so who knows what the day is going to be like!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • ale - sounds like a challenging 3 days a week

LMH - hope tooth settles soon

• Morning

What 7 with hills
    Why Day off work
    Lyrics no

Just lazing today with floors to clean, grass to cut and people to see.

• Yes! to the Lyrics. And a big Angel dance to you!

no running today, rest day but cycling to and from work (only 6.5 miles each way so nothing major!)

last hard: yesterday, it all seems to be hard at the moment, cannot get breathing right and it all seems an effort. still had a phase like this back in May and it passed, so to paraphrase 'this too shall pass' image

last rest: wednesday (cycled again)

• hello & happy friday
    Birks - happy job hunting
    AleH- good luck with the 3 day week -- the teachers I know must have snared your entitlement ...
    LmH - ouchie, best wishes with the teeth...

ahh I like (running) shoes. My wife & kids make me have an annual cull of both running shoes and (casual) trainers. Been in the asiscs 2000 series since 2010s but have had the odd pair of sauconys and did pick up a pair of kayanos (half price), Like Tom, I rarely spend that much, my limit is usually 60 pounds.
    Spikes - xc have asics & nike, all picked up in sales for 20-25 quid, and still have a pair of nike track spikes I picked up in the states for ten dollars : 'end of range'

traing today ?  a few miles easy later
    why - easy friday

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning:

What: no run day

Why: antidote to the weeks efforts

Last Hard: Tuesday's handicap

Last rest: 18th August

Having just answered the "last rest" question, I was surprised that it was 20 days, though I do feel ready for it. i'm hoping to run 12M tomorrow as part of an effort to get the LSR up to 15-16M. The club do their LSR on Saturday morning: 8M starts at 6:50am (gulp!) followed by another variable length and effort run at 8:00pm. This provides a good way of building up the length of the LSR, providing I can handle the pace of the first 8M - which last week was quite hard.

Have a good day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lyrics, no

birkmyre, good luck indeed

lmh, that sounds not nice, hope its eased up a bit?

mm, hope this phase does pass soon

tom hope the lsr goes well

what: cycled 21.2 into work, lovely ride, will cycle back later hilly longer route, perhaps 25 miles, cant wait

why: right leg doesnt want to run again so back to stretching resting and cycling!

last hard: this morning

last easy: yesterday

off to see lady gaga with friends tomorrow, really looking forward to it!

Have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH hope the swelling settles soon.
    Wabo  enjoy lady gaga image
    Birks  good luck with the job stuff

What: rest
    Why: race and 2 lacrosse matches at the weekend
    Last hard: Monday night's lacrosse training, though as I was the coach it shouldn't have been so hard!!!

Just found out I have a second interview for that job I went for last week image  It will fit around my current work schedule if I do get it (1.5 day a week for my "old" company in UK) so keep your fingers crossed!

Have a good evening all.

• wabo - would love to be able to cyclle into work again

enzap sounds like a good plan before a busy weekend. Good luck on job front

Good vibes to all those racinng this weekend

• Evening all.

Back home from work in Oswestry after what seemed liked a month.

First run since the GSR on Sunday. Felt quite good after the rest.

Lyrics: please don't kill the drama.

What: 3 mile steady. 7:30/mile.

Hopefully get out of bed early enough tomorrow for a 20 mile bike ride and swim.
  • Evening!
    That's a lot of cycling Wabo!
    Emzap:
    when's the second interview? Need to know when to cross everything!

QofP report: she is pleased with progress and could literally feel the progress from 10 days ago. More finger crossing here, also.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that the calf is playing up again Wabo.

Was the interview in English or German in the end emzap? Whichever you must have impressed!

Tom - so does that mean that you'll split your long run initially?

Spark - do I take it you work away from home then?

Face settled down, thank you for the thoughts. Ran 8 miles starting with my hilly x-country route this morning, was surprised how well the legs coped to be honest. A long day at work (for me) followed and I'm ready for the weekend.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LMH - not strictly, the timing of the saturday am runs is such that the first run (8m at 8:00-8:20) finishes at 8:00am and the second run (any distance up to 8m) starts immediately afterwards. There's no hanging around - if your not there at the due time you get left!
  • Evening

Cheers you lot re job hunting.

• Yeah LMH, every week just about.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Night all,

1st week of work done............image

Stressful night added to by having maggots in the bin..... YUK

Reat day here, and have park run and Test Way Relay tomorrow

Take care

• Tom, you're loving it!

Postie, I'm watching.

Birks, I think that I may have these lyrics. Fingers crossed on the job hunt, it was one of the most stressful times of my life. Now ask me why I've stuck at this one through thick and thin for 20 years.

What?: 1 mile swim, slotted into a busy schedule. No surprise that I PB'd, now down to 42:15 which is almost the wife's pace.
    Also a 2 mile joglet to pick up the MG from the MOT station.
    Why? Tri training, building up endurance. Focus on "style" in the pool, gradual miles building running, and having fun on the bike.
    Last hard?: That tri race the other week.
    Next race? Sunday morning, at stupid early o'clock. I think my wave is at 0730. I'm going to take up track running I think. Maybe not.
    Last rest? I'm always resting.

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Tom - 20 day streak ! great to see.

Blisters - whats the plan over the next 6 months or so ? do you have a plan or are you just going to build distances/time ? Do you have target races yet ? If you like early race starts (or not) you should come to the Swashbuckler next spring, you'd need to  be in the oggin ready to rumble for a 6am start !

Alehouse - who do you watch cricket wise ? Club or county ? cricket is big in my house, I'm currently trying to workout the best winter plan for my 11 yr old.