Monday 10th September 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:Who am I to disagree.I travel the world and the seven seas

What:4.5M Fartlek done.

WHy: Habit.

Smiry rain on, dreich too !

Niece stayed with us most of Saturday and Sunday. I'm happy to report she's almost fully recovered from her mental illness.image

Back later

Comments

• http://www.itv.com/tvguide/

Notice dthere's an a new series on ITV4 from 9-10pm tonight called 'ITV Sport in 1970s'. For those of us old enough to remember, this could be  a good watch

• Morning.

Good news about your niece birkmyre.

Well done on the placings in the tri and in getting your license signed off Blisters.

NZC - shame people couldn't be pleased to have an organised run and someone to help pace them. Hope it didn't spoil your run too much.

What:            cycling over to watch ToB pass through and back
    Why:             shame not to when they're so close
    Last hard:      that ride on Saturday was disproportionally hard
    Last rest:       29/8

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all!

Just lost a whole post, oh lovely!

Lyrics yes, and wish I had some last night

lmh enjoy ToB, wish I was doing that!

what: SHort run (attempt anyway) and swim tonight

why: triathlon Sunday

last hard: friday

last easy: all weekend

I need to get back into my training I am so off the boil and my trousers are tight!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • hi,
    Well done with the long runs Chicka, postie, NZC & RFJ
    Glad to see 7D & Tom exploring, and nice work Wabo as well as Blisters with the tri (& the wings!)
    LmH - enjoy the tour!

Didnt get a chance to post yesterday - was our club (junior) championships, and I was on time keeping duties. Youngest did pretty good, Pb in the 800, seasons best in the hurdles and a decent enough effort in the javelin. Eldest instead had Hampshire academy hockey stuff so missed out. They did let me out to run the charity 'dream mile' was fairly happy with a 5:47 given it was straight off the timing podium & onto the track...
    Followed that up with an easy 4.5 miles when I got home, but legs felt pretty heavy. Good job this was an easy , lower mileage week...!!

Today - 4 miles easy
    Why - easy day (club session tomorrow)
    last rest - friday

lyric - yep , easy one

• Good Morning,

what: 10 x 1k intervals
    why: speed work in prep for half marathon
    last hard: last sunday - 11.74miles in 1.30 exactly.

Seems because i have a half mara on 30th Sept but i'm looking beyond this now and have my sights set on a triathlon.

Been practicing bike run transitions and attending first swimming session on thurs evening. Can't hurt with half mara prep can it?

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Low key day for me:

What: Easy relaxed 5.7m at 8;17 pace

Why: Recovery mode

Last Hard: Saturday's 12m was challenging

Last rest: Friday

Back in my box!
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Oh and lyrics - yes, but I much prefer their previous band - The Tourists
  • Morning!

Nice to see a name change, OPR! I think 10 x 1 k is a lot: personally I would be doing no more than 6, but faster. Plus 2 miles warm up, 2 miles warm down gives 10 miles for a speed session, which I believe is ample. May even lead to another name change.

Wabo:  suspect my trousers are even tighter. And shirts.

Tom:  an even lower key day here...

What: nothing
    Why: resting Achilles and calf, both of which have seen better days.

Lyrics: yes.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics: Yes, (easy ones for me).

Tired and stiff today after yesterday’s mega-efforts: shoulders, legs, eyelids, everything with a muscle. I guess that means I need a run to ease things off, but not a big one. Perhaps last night’s pyramid training session in the pool was a bit too much! Or was it the much needed beer afterwards?

OPR, I was going to agree with Ale on the speed session. 10x 1k is bigger than I’d plan even in a marathon shape up. But if it works, then why not? The key is about the consistency of the results, they should be within a few seconds. Then on the next week, try doing them all just 5 seconds faster per rep. If the times start to droop, then it’s time to stop and go home.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What: nothing
    Why: out for 10.5 hours yesterday at a lacrosse games and I'm too knackered!
    Last hard: not playing yesterday's 2nd game as hip was too sore image
    Lyrics: yes

So hip is fine when running in a straight line for up to 13km.  However, whenever I do twisting about sports it gives up after about 20 mins.  Grrrrr.  I can play, but it's frustrating!

How are you feeling LMH?

Still hot today here.

Have a good one all.

• Hope everything eases Blisters!

emzap - sounds as though it may be your hip flexors/stabilisers - are you still doing the exercises your physio gave you? I'm feeling better generally thank you. My jab is due tomorrow so with any luck I'lll finally be back firing on all cylinders by the end of the week.

Tom - I'd like to be easy and relaxed at 8.17s!

Alehouse - a precautionary rest I hope?

Welcome OPR.

Had a lovely ride over to watch the Tour, a few seconds of excitement and a hillier ride back. Legs felt loads better than on Saturday thankfully - despite yesterday's LSR.

• LMH: yes, precautionary rest!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • quickly popping in to reveal yesterday's lyrics: Zombie, The Cranberries.

It's how I feel today, back at work after 3 weeks off!

what: 6 miles easy
    why: because
    last hard: Saturday
    last rest: 25/8
    lyrics: yes!!

• Afternoon

Alehouse hope todays rest does you good

What: 7.83 miles(including 1km near end at a good pace)
    Why: making most of days off
    Last Hard: Saturday believe it or not
    Lyrics not today

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH sometimes and some of them!  I know I should do them more, but I find it hard to motivate myself!  Right I'll go and do them right now!

• Just finishing off after day's work

What: nil
    Why: working
    Last Hard: 6d ago
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: no

Havering about tomorrow afternoon - 30+ mph winds forecast again
    Still, should feel easy after last week's wind, if I do get out image

• The run did me good. Anyone who is dead tired should try it.

6+ miles done at 8:05m/m. Got absolutely drenched for 4 miles. I wouldn't have gone out at all had it been raining when I left. Call me a wuss. At least it was warm rain.

• wuss image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

I KNOW THE LYRICSimage shock

4.25m at heart rate, so nice and easy

Take care