Options

Wentworth Castle 5 Mile Trail Race

This was my first trail race and it was very difficult but a good challenge.  There were only about 60 runners who were mainly club runners (I am unattached).  The start was in a field with no path and you just had to follow the tractor tracks.  It was well marshalled which made a difference or I would have got lost. It was very hilly with lots of grass hills and a steep grass hill finish but I did enjoy it.  The finish was a bit poor and a bit of 'free for all'.  There was no official goodie bag or t-shirt like you normally expect but a pile of technical t-shirts donated by a sports shop which were just piled up on the floor for you to grab.  When I got home I noticed mine had the logo on upside down so I think they were just seconds the shop wanted to get rid of so I was disappointed with that.  I do like some kind of momento to say I did a race with the event name on.  I dont think I would do this race again as i realised that trail running is not for me but if you are a hardcore trail runner you will love it.  I will stick to road races and social running with my dog.

Comments