Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Emmy you are my hero!! I only had 4 stops, and it was only 28 degrees. Two big glasses at the end though, really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and a mile long downhill to the finish. I have to say I didn't see orange SIS gels on the tasting notes. So hands up, who is sunburnt, I'm fairly pleased with myself for not being lobstered.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Well done Kate! I can link you to the pictures as i promised to take one at each one! I managed to beg some sun lotion of a little kid in my best french "je voudrais creme de soleil".... which later turned out to mean something completely different image Great to hear that you had a good time - ive already seen a pic of the medal - it looks fab!

I've uploaded a video to Facebook showing one of the tent parties and watching it back now - i can completely understand why it took me so long! No SOC for me tomorrow - i'll be taking it easy with a glass of....

• Hi all, had a massive lie in today till half 8 because the lake vyrnwy half didn't start till 1pm, struggled to get into gear with the pre race routine, never started a race that late on a sunday, but anyway once we got there it turned out okay. So the rather ambituos pop at sub 75 needed a 5:43average to optimistically hopefully get a last gasp effort champ start in london next year so when the first 3miles went 5:40 5:46 5:43 I thought are brilliant it might happen. But at every mile marker after that the average pace on the garmin had slipped by 1second. But managed to hang on by the skin off me teeth to pb pace shaving 7seconds off to finish in 1:16:48. Sometimes you feel strong when setting pbs and other times your hanging on, well today was a hang on day. Extra mental toughness banked I guess.

Hope to get SOCing soon again.
  • Morning you lot

Some cracking racing going on

Well dones to emmy, kate and Andyimage

Fartlek done and dusted.

Niece stayed with us most of Saturday and yesterday and she's now almost fully recovered from her mental illness.image

• Oh and todays NW: 1 owl, 1 John Menzies Van, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 horses, 1 cyclist.

Dreich and smiry rain up here today.

Hoping to run 'The  Rock and Roll Half Marathon' in Edinburgh, on I think 14th  April next year !

• I agree - some fabulous running going on... on and off the race route!

its really muggy down here with a threatening red tinged sky.  Could be in for some rain.

I avoided sun burn sans creme!  Not sure how as the sun was brutal, but still had a lovely 3 hours up on the downs on Saturday and an hour on the bike yesterday. 

Have a good week folks...

• did I get the big 10,000... image

• You did, congrats PSC! 5 miles this morning to shake the legs out, what a change in weather, warm and drizzly. Andy, brilliant time, I wish I could hold half a mile at your pace. Birky, glad your niece is better, rock and  roll eh?

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Morning L&G

Some very impressive running from Emmy, Kate and Andy. But the biggest congrats go to PSC for hitting the 10,000!

14mile soc this morning. Got lost but but ended up closer to home than I thought. Have not met another runner or cyclist on my sojourns on the Downs for at least three months.

First time of using the head torch in anger. It could keep those early starts going for a bit longer.

• afternoon all

didn't get time to post this morning, rest day anyway

PSC - well doneimage

birky - ooh, exciting, I would fancy that, but don't think I would be able to get up there for it. Glad your niece is finally getting better

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Evening all - a NOC recovery run for me and it felt great. I rounded off the day with a cycle and weights session at the gym and feel really well recovered. Well done PSC on getting the big 10,000 post!

• Going on a run, now. 5:25am. It's dark, wet outside and I'm ready to bring it on!

• Morning you lot

Killermiles:Morning and good for getting out

Dreich morning up here, been pouring during night.

4 easy miles done.It is dark at 5am now !

NW: 1 owl, 2 snails, ran past what I nowcall 'BMW Corner' 3 parked there !, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 horses, 4 sheep.

I'm confused. It says 9,900ish posts, thought we'd a bit to go to 10,000th one ? Am I missing somethijng really obvious ?

• Good morning allimage

7 miles this morning with a refreshing shower midway through.

Well done to all that raced at the weekend Kate and Emmy well done for taking alcohol and running to the limit. Great time Andy.

Birky, don't know where your looking but at the top of this page it says

10,001 to 10,008 of 10,008 messages   Katie , Hope your ankle is on the mend Big wave to everyone else

• Valis: Honestly mate it is 9001-9008 at top of my page, but I see it says on Hot Threads 10,008 for this thread ! So thats why I'm confused. Might change my name from Birkmyre to Triggerimage

• Morning all - 7 miles for me too this morning, looks like the rain is clearing up now. Saw 4 OR this morning, first time in a while I've seen anyone. Busy day running around London for meetings today, then an SOC start for a meeting in Amsterdam tomorrow. Will have to decide if I get up for a ridiculous a clock run before the flight. Have a good day everyone.

• morning all

no soc for me, needed the sleep today. 5 mile race with club tonight thoughimage think I might be last....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. No SOC due to work this morning. I'll head out tonight.

@katie - how is your ankle?

@kate - are you scoping out the Amsterdam marathon for us?image how was Bacchus for you?

@mathschick - hope that the club runs goes well tonight. I know the feeling when you just want to sleep!
  • Morningimage

I seemed to have lost my SOC mojo....I got up at 5.20am got a drink of water, looked out side and it was dark and raining, and just though I don't want to do this and went back to bed.image

I have boot camp to night so maybe that will inspire me (or completely knacker me)

I think its the dark morning and not being able to run through the countryside thats getting me down.

• tommy - I know the feeling about the dark mornings. Even getting up later today for work it was still dark and owls hootingimage. I even had the headtorch out last week so I could go on the pavements that aren't lit on the outskirts of town. Don't feel like biking in the mornings as I feel more vulnerable in the dark, so the prep for the tris I have coming up is a bit poor!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I have the same issue. When i'm heading out it's still dark and the routes that i'd normally run down (with street lights) are all being dug up for road maintenance. Very frustrating!

@Mathschick- what headlamp are you using?

• I have a petzl tikka (2 I think) - it is very comfy and light is good. I was worried I would be annoyed by something on my head but I don't notice it

• well, apart from the light it throws out of course!

• Tommy: We've all been there.

• really chuffed - did the 5 mile race in 54:11image wasn't quite last either. That is a PB for me. Never done a 5 miler before so it always was going to be a pb, but to get under an hour was brill, under 55 mins and I am over the moon

• Morning you lot

4.5M Steadily plodded for me today. Never really got going if you know what I mean

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 horses, 1 cyclist, 1 snail, 1 cat sitting on top of a fence,1 abandoned black adidas training shoe at side of road !

PW: 1 car

Maths:A big  Well Doneimageimage

• Good morning allimage

7 miles this morning, A clear sky made for a chillier run and my  gloves made an appearanceimage. In the summer I did buy a pair of buffalo mitts so I'm ready for the -8 mornings.

Have a happy hump day