Question for women

Are we all really emotional or is it just me?

Comments

• Just you.  I'm always surprising myself at my general lack of emotion.

• I get stressed and frustrated very easily.  Also it doesn't take much to make me happy.  But I don't tend to get upset and cry.

• I wish I could reign mine in but I can't.  Half the trouble is that I had the ability to express anger squashed out of me as a child so if I get angry it comes out as tears.  If I get upset, tears.  If I find something hilariously funny.....  well you get the picture.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    It depends on my mood but I'd say that I'm very emotional... And moreso if I'm tired, I'll cry at a sad story on tv!
  • elli, recently I've found myself weeping over the most bizarre things. The slightest thing can set me off and usually I reserve crying for extreme pain or anger/hurt. Or if I'm very very tired.

I'm better now that I'm on the Pill - previous to that, the PMT was horrendous, it was like someone had taken over my mind, let alone my body.

• It's the worst when you are pregnant. (Not that I am but have been a couple of times).  The weeping!  The moods!  The shouting!  I used to cry at adverts.  My little boy thinks it's hilarious.

• Smallest things make me extraordinarily happy. Or sad. Or I read into things too much which then gets me very upset.

They call me moody at work. I don't think I am, I just feel either extremely happy or extremely sad. And if I feel normal, then I get questioned too.

It gets tiring. And when I'm tired.... well you know. That's too much too.

Its a no win situation.

Makes me image as it's so silly

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Generally, I'm fairly stable. Lately, not quite as much! Stress and tiredness make me much more emotional that I am usually and quite honestly I get annoyed at myself for reacting to things the way I do. Which usually makes me feel worse, and the grumpy cycle begins... I actually cried at Armageddon a few weeks back! image

• Elli of the North wrote (see)

Smallest things make me extraordinarily happy. Or sad. Or I read into things too much which then gets me very upset.

They call me moody at work. I don't think I am, I just feel either extremely happy or extremely sad. And if I feel normal, then I get questioned too.

It gets tiring. And when I'm tired.... well you know. That's too much too.

Its a no win situation.

Makes me image as it's so silly

I have a male friend who is exactly like what you describe. He has depression and was also diagnosed as being mildly bipolar - he scored 3 out of a possible 18 in a clinical test which apparently is enough to count for a diagnosis.

I'm female and have fairly stable emotions. I'm pretty much averagely happy most of the time and don't experience any extreme mood swings.

• ^^Makes mental note never to date 8 of the 9 women in this thread.

• I'm not inclined to get emotional - pretty calm and steady.

People tend to comment when I DO get angry, or upset, because it happens so rarely.

The last time I got really angry was a couple of years ago!

• I get angry every day.

Sometimes I don't even have to get out of bed for it image

• I get irritated every day.  God, so many things irritate

But I think I've only been truly angry twice in the last ten years.  On the first occasion I slammed the front door so hard the plaster cracked.

The second time I just walked away from the person who made me angry.

• My older brother carefully explained this to me a few years ago.

"Women", he said, "they're all f***ing mental".

• Emotional, not so much. Clumsy - bucket loads. Period due tmorrow, banged into the wall three times today. Every month.
  • Not outwardly emotional unless frustrated/angry which can sometimes manifest in tears. For instance when pregnant with darling daughter I had SPD which meant some days I couldn't walk and had to crawl. I cried then with frustration and anger as I felt that I was letting my son down. However he is now 10 and remembers the fun times we had playing at being Zoo animals all day!

• I am mostly stable. I do get ranty which is the same as Wilkie's irritated I would guess.

Its gone then though and forgotten about, it doesnt affect my mood.

To be honest if something upsets me or makes me angry its so rare I tend to spend quite a bit of time examining why that has happened and taking steps to try and ensure it happens less in future.For example if OH has upset me (again this is rare) we spend time talking about why and then we try to avoid being in the same situation.

Happy - yes I feel happy almost all of the time. Doesnt take much to make me laugh, but I also seek out things that make me happier. Like holidays or running or friends.

So I would guess those who are mostly stable are that way because we actively (whether we know it or not) manage our state of mind through the choices we make.