Feedback on running site

This is a bit cheeky, but I wondered if anyone could have a look at my running site and give me some feedback, any help is really appreciated:

www.takeitinyourstride.co.uk

Comments

• Just what we need, another running site to dilute the community. Although it's probably well intentioned and I can't say it's bad, what will it offer that RW (sadly in decline and needing a revamp itself) can't offer? As a race organiser, I'm bombarded by requests to enter my races on websites and I just don't bother. The forum probably will be more useless or is that less used than RW? However, if it's a hobby, very well done indeed, but needs more focus.

• A bit cheeky? You've been peddling it on here for ages.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Sorry but it really doesn't do it for me. These sites are ten a penny.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

For me theres limited added benefit to the other sites out there (fetch, RW, marathon talk). These are just my opinions from a first glance.

It looks like you're trying to be a jack of all trades and master of none. There is nothing of interest or something that grabs my attention. It reminds me of about.com in the appearance, ads and content.

• I dont know if this is just my computer/ipad but there are way too many ads and they're really annoying.
    • Theres not enough content on there. One or two articles isnt enough to keep me interested
    • Only 1 training plan highlighted for beginners. What you need are more plans and focusing on the established runner rather than flooding for newbies

What makes you want to build a running site thats the same as everyone else? why not try finding a USP and building something meaningful for the community.

Sorry if i'm being too harsh

• UFO - You've just inadvertantly given me a bloody great idea. Thank you!

Thanks others.

• I am with Emmy_H - to make your site really successful, you need to think about your unique selling point, what is your main audience, what sets you apart from all the other running websites?

• Cheers Timi - It's just a hobby, but you're right. I've set up another business altogether in the last few days, but I'm going to keep writting on the site because I enjoy it, even if it's crap image.

• to me, it looks more like a blog than anything like RW, fetch etc - but seeing as it's built using Wordpress that's not such a surprise.  it has no great pull, no great content, and really has nothing of interest to me.

if it's a hobby - fine; if you're looking to make a business out of it - forget it unless you really develop a lot of interesting content.