Monday 17th September 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics are the second line of this song:'And I've been working like a dog'

What:An easy 4miler

Why:This is due to being up from 1:30-2am with Geordie as he needed out.

Somebody fed him at about 10pm last night with 'treats' and they were soundly sleeping when he needed out. My two sons are the prime suspectsimage

Need to catch up, but brekkie is calling.

Back later

Comments

• morning all,
    RFJ - lovely result for you and jnr yesterday at Victory, excellent!
    Good long runs LmH, Chicka, and a decent run too from Tom!
    Well worked 10k 7D
    Yesterday managed a 6.5 mile tempo run after a day at Eton for girls athletics match. Eldest 800m , LJ & hurdles, so-so day, but shes been suffering from blocked sinuses / head cold for a day or two, so just good to bag the points. Youngest PB'd in the hurdles, ran the 1200 and also threw a few javelins.

Today - 3-4 easy
    why - recovery monday
    last rest - last week
    last hard - blowing all those candles out yesterdayimage

have a great day

• Morning.

Yesterday's  lyrics were The Spam Song by Monty Python.

More great results from RFJ and Jnr.

Doesn't sound good birkmyre - hope you can show them the error of their ways.

Have a great holiday OH.

What:             MLR
    Why:              weather and opportunity
    Last hard:       working out how I'm going to fit everything in when I'm working more
    Last rest:        14/9

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

What: Rest
    Why: 11.22 mile run yesterday. Struggled like hell with it for some reason? One of those days I guess. Trying not to get disheartened by it!
    Last hard: Definitely yesterday.
    Last rest: Today.

Lyrics: YES image

• Happy birthday for yesterday Dustin! Awesome stuff from RFJ + son. I looked RFJ Jr up on Run Britain, that's some improvement, but you can see the steps and hard yards he's done, and still developing. Exciting stuff isn't it?

Onepace - ah, sometimes you struggle, but it's 11.2 in the bank, they can't take that away from you.

Everyone else seems to be doing some pleasant recovery trundles. I might go for one this evening, though I could just rest though. Tomorrow is second run out with prospective club and they do hilly 9-11 miles, so a sit down feels sensible. Walk to work and back (4 miles). That'll do.

Lyrics: yes.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics yes

no report from my tri because common sense prevailed and I did not start! My ankle was aching from just doing tai chi saturday and poodling about on my bike so I took the rubbish decision to just not start. Have I said already what a rubbish year this has ben for running? 3 miles a week  is what I have managed since 12/7!

I did manage weights, swim, rowing and cross trainer, because I didnt do the tri I was brimming over with the need to do something!

dustin how good is that that your daughter pb's in hurdles, you must be chuffed!

oh dear birkmyre! Hope you tell them

what: well I will be attempting a gentle 2 mile plod later, if it cant be then I will cycle with my friend and maybe swim.

why: weight is piling on and getting me down!

last hard: waking at 5.15 sunday and thinking no

last easy: sat

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

What: sitting around garage whilst they did some recall work and repaired a puncture
    Why: I normally go for a long run or walk on these sort of occasions! But can't.

Wabo:  I think that was a wise decision! I'm very much with you on the weight thing! I've got my annual asthma review this pm and I will find the horrid truth of how much I have put on since this time last year. Lots. And more lots.

Lyrics: of course! I heard a version of this on Friday!

Happy unbirthday Dustin.  Off to get daughter a new hockey stick with some money from her grandmother, which is very timely as she damaged a rather expensive stick on Saturday.

Beautiful but chilly day here.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: 11.7 around Derwent Water

Why: staying in Keswick

Last hard: 13 days ago

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: YESimage
  • Now I'm confused - did I miss Dustin's birthday on Sunday? If so - Happy Belated Birthday Dustin.

OPR - yep, we all have runs like that.

Wabo - sorry to hear about your DNS, I have had a rubbish season tri wise but there is nothing to do but look forward and move on. Hopefully next year will be our year.

Alehouse - bright and sunny here but the wind is picking up and I think I had the warmest part of the day for my run.

Trundled round another 17 miles quite happily this morning and managed to negative split it too - partly helped by the terrain as a few of the first 10 miles are on the canal path which isn't conducive to fast running.

• Sorry to hear about DNS, Wabo

Sunny with occ light showers contrary to forecast here
  • some good weekend performaces and long runs.  Belated HB to dustin.

jogged round golf course and found a dull glowing ember of endurance.  Or it could have been wind.

• Afternoon!

Good to see you, AF. Wish I could jog round the golf course 300 metres from my house. Can't even jog the 300 metres!

Back from docs...didn't get weighed but asthma well under control. She was happy with blood pressure (slightly higher than usual, probably due to extra weight/not running). However I have got an infection in my mouth so on drops plus Ciprofloxacin (an anti-biotic): of course when I read the side effects the first thing i see "Do not take if a history of tendon disorders" , and then "temporary pain and inflammation of the tendons, in particular to the Achilles". Help!! Anybody know about this sort of thing? Do the bnefits outweight the risks?

Blood tests also ordered and urine test complete (apologies if that is more than you wish to know! Went into the docs feeling great...now I'm not so sure!!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse - if you need some reassurance best thing is to telephone the surgery, ask to speak to the nurse and explain your achilles history - or you could try NHS Direct - however most of the 'possible side effects' and 'cautions and contraindications'  will affect 1 in 100,000 or so - if that many. The fact that it is a 'temporary pain and inflammation' also leads me to think you'd be better off taking it though as there won't have been time for a culture and sensitivity you could be just as well off on an alternative broad spectrum antibiotic - but I'm not a doctor.

• Was just on the way back to doc, thanks LMH!

• Evening all, went for run this evening, about 5m, felt better than at any point during yesterday's race, new trainers effect possibly.

• Tablets now changed!
  • Glad you got it sorted Alehouse.

• Evening

What 8 commute
    Why Day off yesterday
    Lyrics yes

Went off for a plod and ended up clocking 7mpm average. The new shoes aren't even green!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Happy Belated Birthday Dustin

Easy recovery 5.25m tonight at club

Lyrics, yes even though I cannot stand the band (whats left of them)

• Happy belated birthday Dustin.