Tuesday 18th September 2012

Morning...awoken by a small cow, as Paddy would say.

Lyrics: In every job that must be done, There is an element of fun...

What: zero
Why: going to have a few more days of calf and Achilles resting

7D:  is the club you are going to A&T? If so, I know nothing!

Lyrics: two clues...
1. I will be teaching this to a class of 6 year olds this pm!
2. Not unrelated to my medical saga yesterday afternoon!

Right, back to bed!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: A Hard Days Night by The Beatles. Related to my early (1:30am )walk with geordie  yesterday.

What:4M Steadily done. Okayish run.

Why: Habit

It's very autumnal with lots of leaves now fallen up here.

Catch up time

Not sure of todays lyrics.

Back later.

• Morning.

It's gone positively chilly here birkmyre - a high of 14C forecast for the rest of the week and the nights are drawing in really quickly. I'm not ready for it.

Oh dear Alehouse, doesn't sound good.

What:         an hour on the bike or an easy run
    Why:          ankle is achey, will assess after walking Grace
    Last hard:   don't really do hard
    Last rest:    14/9

Lyrics - only because of the clue.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Lyrics - instantly (what am I like?)

Didn't get on yesterday. However managed a decent 7.4M at 7:36 pace, which suggests that I've tuned some sort of corner. Club night tonight - though no idea what we'll be doing. My guess is that it will be quite restrained as the group will be still recovering from their round Norfolk efforts.

Back later.
  • Morning

Had quite a reaction in my groin yesterday after sunday's long run. Possibly just some tightness? Eased up today however not completely so ibuprofen will hopefully complete the rest!

What: Maybe a run if groin gets increasingly better throughout the day. Only a small one though!
    Why: h/m on the 30th. Thinking I may enter the Cardiff one which I believe is two weeks after?
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: I think I do...

• Morning

What 11
    Why MLR
    Lyrics no

OPR maybe look up some stretches instead of a run? 

• Lyrics are a hard yes, practically implanted into my brain by my mother since birth. I'd love to say she sang it as well...

Alehouse - I've been running with Newburgh Nomads. A&T seem like nice chaps but I find it impossible to marry schedules or even get to their clubhouse or training track. Newburgh's smaller and more informal from what I can see, which suits me fine.

What: club night, about 10m.

Anyone ever done Zevenheuvelenloop in Nijmegen?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning yes to lyrics....

I didnt run last night, ended up stuck at work a bit later so I went home and ironed instead, know which I would have preferred! Mind you like you alehouse I still feel it needs rest(ankle).

what: bike home cannot wait! Oh and tai chi this morning

why: its all good

last hard: running cant remember!

last easy: days and days

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • morning all,
    Aleh- glad you got the right medication in the end
    Tom - all coming back, Rio 2016 at this rate...!!??
    Postie - nice run
    7D - no idea, I know there is a footy team there, thats about it.
    What - roped into to coaching a subset of the U11s tonight meaning I wont be training. So ran from Vauxhall to work with backpack (3m/25mins), then jumped on tready for a swift 3x800s w 400 recovery (4k total/18m15s)
    Why - needed to do something/ southern road relays this weekend

lyric - only after googling, since it appears they are easy....

• I just had the most fantastic, confidence giving run, especially on the back of yesterday's 17 miler - 10 miles including 3 x MP; 2 easy; 2 x MP; 1 easy; 2 x MP only the MP came out as much faster even though I couldn't raise the HR to marathon effort level. Maybe I do have a chance of a good run at Abingdon?

Tom - strange how these things work, plod away and become increasingly despondent then have a breakthrough run and it's all good from there - at least for a while.

OPR - did you run on different terrain on Sunday? I wouldn't take ibuprofen to mask the pain with a target race so close - better to rest and get it right.

• No it wasn't on different terrain and I have a feeling the pain was fuelled by me being a wimp!
    Looking at doing roughly 4 miles tonight. Just at a warm up pace. I can't face not exercising today...

On a different note, what sort of music do you all listen to (if any) on your runs? I'm listening to more podcasts at the moment because as sad as it sounds I like a bit of talking in between songs!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    LMH "I just had the most fantastic, confidence giving run"....don't you just love it when you can write something like that. As someone very wise wrote " strange how these things work, plod away and become increasingly despondent then have a breakthrough run and it's all good from there - at least for a while."

OPR - I've never listened to music when I run, I guess I'm a bit old fashioned in that (and every other) respect.

Alehouse "going to have a few more days of calf and Achilles resting" sounds a bit like the first stage of the classic "f'ck it and see" policy. Hope the rest produces some improvement.
  • Jog around the park.  Begginning to feel like I can call myself a jogger now.  bit more training and I might make fun runner.  Tomorrow's swimming lesson should deflate this new-found confidence. 

• Tom - it's a long time since I've felt like that after a run to be honest and most welcome it was too.

OPR - no music for me either.

AF - at least starting from such a poor swimming background should mean that you see improvements very quickly. Swimming more than anything seems to be slog, slog, slight improvement, plateau, slog, slog once you've mastered the basic stroke. Bet your 'jogging pace' is about the speed I managed my last, fastest mile in today but I know very well that all of these things are relative.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

a tad tired, hard session tonight after work... 7.25m in total with 6 x 1k off 200m recoverys.... good and consistant again 3:48, 3:48, 3:49, 3:49, 3:46, 3:46.

an hours easy running planned for tomorrow...

Take care

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Club session tonight. As anticipated it was a fairly restrained effort after their (not me sadly) Round Norfolk Relay efforts, Boiled down to about 6M with eight efforts of 350/550m to raise the heart rate over a four lap loop. A bit of a problem getting the effort/distance relation right as I didn't know the loop or the duration of the efforts (normal problem for a newboy!). Once I'd got the hang of it, it was OK...ideally I'd like to have done another loop, but it does rather defeat the group training ethic.

Still, lots of fun however.
  • Fcksht

I was just on RW and another site and my company laptop has just been attacked and locked solid. I thought that I'd looked at an inappropriate site as it came up with Metropolitain Police and a UKASH demand for £100. This house computer has just enabled me to verify that it's a nasty trojan.

Lyrics yes. Verifying it locked me up.
    Yesterday all my troubles were so far away. Almost yesterday's lyrics.
    LMH, nice run.
    AF, keep the faith, the progress will be noticeable within 6 sessions.
    Tom, it's better for you to finish the session than the session to finish you.

For me, Monday was 6.6 miles tabbed out. Somehow I clocked an average of 7:31m/m. It just felt fresh.
    Today was a pool day, and 80 lengths (2000m for AF) in a good time of....well I almost saw the time on the watch because as I stopped it I must have zeroed it. Possibly 54 mins. I went for distance rather than left side breathing tonight.

Right, now to bed where I can worry about my blddy laptop.