My running diary

2»

Comments

• off to Sweatshop Running Club tonight....hope the weather holds off...image

also a fixed linky for above

• heres the SRC for today : linky

Just 4 of us today, nice atmosphere and hope the numbers increase next week!

• due to do 30minute steady with 5min warm+cool down tonight after the kids are in bed and am delaying eating until after the run, as I don't like eating 1-2hours before any exercise.

Feel tired today - baby waking up in the night don't help.

Surprisingly no soreness from the last 2 runs, and also found a 10K that I will think of entering on the 1st April and its only £12.

Am actively looking for events and are committed to SRC on Tuesdays; just finding one that's easily commutable as I don't drive - yet.

• Done the 30 min steady and it was quite a hard one with the wind blowing some hill climbs, walking parts of it as well, also with the combination of being a clear cold night, but nice clear sky with a bright moon.

Also weighed myself - wish I hadnt.

So overall nearly done 5K in 30 mins with an av pace of  6.11min/km

http://rnkpr.com/a12q19l

• didnt run sat but did it today.

it was a hard slog and felt uncomfortable tbh.

more walking today

anyways runkeeper linky

• didnt run the SRC last night - didnt feel right and also had family commitments.

If I feel better will do tonight which is a 40min steady w/5min warm+cool down

• My weekend.

Due to go on a run on Friday - but was sooo tired and on Sat didnt do anything because of family commitments.

But last night - bloody cold at 8pm - went on a steady 40min run and managed to walk 3 times - a whole lot better than the last run - and cover just over 6KM.

Me GPS tracking was way off last night in bits, but heyho.

Felt much more comfortable and could see that I was covering the ground faster.

The next stage of me comeback is to look at what I am eating....

Heres Runkeeper stats

Tomorrow is the Sweatshop Running Community 5.5KM.....

• Hi.

Havent posted in a while, but have gotten the urge of not wasting my life at me lunch breaks, scoffing my face with cr@p and watching tv.

I have set a goal to run 50KM by 21st July, and have been doing running for nearly 2 weeks now. Currently following Fat Loss plan

Heres my goal:  50KM Goal @Runkeeper

My activities over the last 2 weeks:

First run after scouting my central london area

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/95080174 

Local home run 3KM loop

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/95664679 

Done some more scouting and extended my range past Big Ben etc

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/96170342 

Missed a run out due to family emergency, but managed to fit it in next day

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/96874147 

Local long run - nearly done 5KM

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/97275893 

Today's run - work 5KM loop - stopped short because of call to wife!

http://runkeeper.com/user/chappersuk/activity/97738329 

So my aim is to get back into it and I have the chance of a 5 miler at  Orion Harriers Forest Five  in August which is just down the road from me in Epping Forest.

• going for a run soon, but its near 29'C in the city, so a sweat box will ensue......before, in and after! 

just a steady 30mins though

• tried to run all 30 mins but it was just too hot.

for some reason I find it harder to run in the city that I do around me local [within the M25] which is strange....

anyways:

Runkeeper Stats: Here 

• I went for run at 2pm and it was rather hot even in Manchester!

• sorry for the wait, but here goes.

Some very soggy, drying trainers out in airing cupboard type runs recently.

30 June - Runkeeper

2nd July - No run

4th July - Runkeeper

6th July - Runkeeper [first morning run for a looong time] 

8th July - No run

10th July -  Runkeeper

12th July - Runkeeper [First long run in ages 40mins]

14th July - No run [around parents house till late]

16th July -  Runkeeper [45min long run - covered around 7KM]

With all the above, my recent runs are a 5KM around the 30min mark and possibly a sub 60min 10KM..???

Just surprising really, as I have only been running for the last month in ages and I think that I have a better form now than in the past.

trying to keep to schedule, but time and family commitments permit.

Have started running in the evening, since my runs are now 40mins+ long, interval and fartlek to come in the weeks ahead.

feeling a bit sore today, interval 3min fast and 3min recover X15 tomorrow. 

• done my interval/fartlek run yesterday - and it was hard.

I just hate those sessions and prefer a long run.

Anyway, heres me runkeeper stats .

Covered just under 5KM in 30 mins which was 5 times 3 min fast 3 mins steady [which actually was walking tbh].

Average pace on the fast sections was ~5min/km

Got a 45min steady tomorrow. will have to be after work though. 

• change of plans on the forest five.

going away for a long weekend to see my wife's sister, so may have to find something in September. Have seen Trees for Cities -5KM - £22 [cant rem if it is in sept/oct atm].

anyway.

running since last update:

20th - 45 min steady w/5 min warm/cool down Runkeeper.

managed to do around 7.4KM in 45 mins NON STOP! yay! image 

So looking at that, I am close to the 60min 10KM.

22nd. No run as went swimming with the wife and kids. and managed to spend 3 hrs mowing the grass. So knackered after doing that, i decided on a non run day.

Should be doing a 50min steady tonight which would equate to an hour overall. If I do manage to do it; first aim is not to walk, and to break the 8KM - all without the sun/heat issue - hopefully!

• failed to add that while mowing, I got a sunburnt neck - not as bad as my wife's though [Back, neck, shoulders and arms!]

Now kids, this is how NOT to be in the sun for hours without suncream... image 

• didn't do me run as parents decided to turn up late and i was not going to do my run at 10pm!

anyway, an extended rest but, back on  the 26th I managed to do interval training:

Stats here Runkpr

That one should of been 15 reps, but my left leg got tight and managed to only do 12. bloody hard going  - wouldn't of thought how fast 30 seconds go buy when you are literally legging it and trying to get the breathing right. 

and again [last week was not a great week tbh] as had another extended break/rest, but did manage to get up early yesterday and complete this

Stats here Runkpr 

That one was a ~6.5M in 40mins @ 6ish min/km

Now all the work I am putting in I need to find a race/event that doesn't cost the earth for what it is [see this months RW image 

• wow, this has been a long time coming!

How months go by.....

Round up of my running since last post.

August tbh was a bad month - yes - hands up who should have done more image.

1st August - Runkpr

4th August - Runkpr [Non local hilly route as was staying round friends - thats the main reason for no running really from this to the next run]

20th August - Runkpr [Back into the swing of things]

23rd August - Runkpr [50mins @7.8KM]

26th August - Runkpr [early tempo run]

29th August - Runkpr [Another 50min steady in the dark - last one without a HiVis]

30th August - Entered into the BHF Hyde Park Jog 10KM part - YAY! image

31st August - Runkpr [An mixed off road/track then back onto road for total 30mins]

4th Sept - Runkpr [First 60mins with some walking bits]

6th Sept - Runkpr [Slow 15mins]

9th Sept - Runkpr [45mins steady]

14th Sept - Runkpr [a 45min windy one - gps was off a bit]

18th Sept - Runkpr [ SRC @ Stratford 28:59 for a 5KM]

So just under 4 days to go for me first 10KM. Planning to do an easy 40-50 mins on tomorrow then rest until Sunday, then hopefully manage to get back to the SRC for another 5KM.

Gpoing by the time I set last night, I should manage to do me 10KM in under an hour.image