Wolf Whistling

Women:

Do you ever find it offensive?

Men:

Is it ever meant offensive?

I was wolf whistled today by two young lads whilst stopping in ASDA after a run, so was still in my running gear. Didnt know what to make of it  image

Comments

• I don't do it deliberately but have found myself doing it quietly to myself at times, I can't imagine it would ever be meant in a bad way.
  • Soz x-post, I was agreeing with kk
  • I got wolf-whistled once image ... twas about 8pm on a New Years Eve I was just coming back through the village after an 8 miler .... I think the pubs had been doing good business all day ! image 

• I was wolf whistled last night....

• I wouldn't wolf-whistle at somebody I didn't consider attractive.

• I don't automatically find it offensive but it is annoying. Especially when someone pretty much demands a response from you.

• I think a lot of women might find it embarrassing, rather than offensive.

• I've never been offended by it but slightly baffled. Like EKGO, sometimes you might pass someone absolutely gorgeous and think "phwoar" but I wouldn't express that by whistling or heckling them - either I'd keep it to myself or go up and talk to them.

I didn't have any trouble telling my boyfriend how gorgeous he was when we first met, and that worked out really well image

• People that do it are really just attention seeking  - to me it seems a bit impolite to whistle at a woman if you don't know them as don't know if they'd welcome it or view it as harassment.    

I mean people don't generally feel the need to shout out "lovely car you've got"  or "I effing like your house mate" to complete strangers so why do they feel the need to publicise their opinion of a woman's body publically ?

• popsider wrote (see)

I mean people don't generally feel the need to shout out "lovely car you've got"  or "I effing like your house mate" to complete strangers so why do they feel the need to publicise their opinion of a woman's body publically ?

LOL - good point! image

• popsider wrote (see)

I mean people don't generally feel the need to shout out "lovely car you've got"  or "I effing like your house mate" to complete strangers so why do they feel the need to publicise their opinion of a woman's body publicly ?

I do that all the time, don't you??

Back to wolf whistling...nah don't find it offensive...find it a bit weird if I'm honest as I didn't think sweaty lycra was my best look.

• When you get to certain age...................you find it offensive if noone wolfwhistles at you!!!

Ok, ok, that was a joke, my sense of humour.

Seriously, the time I  find embarrasing/offensive is when it is a group of lads who are obviously taking the P*, and having a laugh by saying to each other "lets go and embarrass that silly woman" while elbowing each other,

that is annoying because is as if they were laughing at you

But normally i suppose is just funny

• When plodding across the park I once heard a loud cry of "Blimey, look at the tits on that!".

I was the only person around running or indeed doing anything other than a clump of teenagers sprawled out on the grass nearby, whence the remark came.

Cheeky little shits image

• l work as an electrician and can assure you that the women who walk past whichever site im on at the time get the right horn when l wolf whistle at them.

That's deffo the impression l got the last time the police turned up anyway. They made up some smoke screen story about women contacting them and complaining about being harassed on their way past earlier but l could tell they were just saying that to keep me in the loop.

• I don't wolf whistle. I never get wolf whistled at either.

Although to clear the confusion some ladies have about being whistled at while in your running gear the simple explanation is that you're looking damn fine.

• I made the mistake of timing my run to coincide with the local secondary school's lunchtime when they were all out doing their chippy runs.

Got wolf whistled by one the kids who I actually know who clearly didn't recognise me in my running gear so I said Hello Jack* and he blushed a bright red and said hello Mrs Crimson*!

Only problem is hard to run and laugh at same time!

*Names have been changed!