Thursday 20th Sept 2012

Morning from a wet West of Scotland

Todays lyrics:It's up in my heart when it skips a beat (skips a beat)

Yesterdays lyrics:Bed Of Roses by Bon Jovi

What:4M Steadily done.

Why: Habit

Got the book:'the dirtiest race ever' Story of Mens Olympic 100m Final. I saw the documentary of this race on bbc before Olympics. Looks a good read.

Usual catch up time.

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

Wet, cold and dark here too. I don't like it!

What:         a run of some description
    Why:          I can and I want to
    Last hard:   getting used to the approach of winter
    Last rest:    14/9

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Did just over 7 miles yesterday evening. Left at just gone 6pm and felt like I was in a race with the daylight! Signs that winter is approaching image i've become so realiant on the quick runs after getting home from the office it's a shame that there won't be many left.

What: Swim with club tonight
    Why: Improve my stroke and general swim fitness!
    Last hard: 16/9
    Last rest: Tuesday

Lyrics: Maybe...

Have a great day all!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh gawd I clicked onthe first post and ended up on 17/8, then I went to weds 19/9! Finally I am here, I feel like dr who...

I know I should know these lyrics, I just feel it.

My little granddaughter is proper walking about, actually she ran before she could walk so you know what nanna england will be buying....

lmh, put long finger gloves on to cycle this morning...

what: 11 miles on thebike first thing, try to run later, gently..

why: I want to

last hard: this morning the legs felt so heavy!

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: hospital visiting

Why: sister taken into hospital last night with leg infection.

Last hard: Tuesday's walk

Last rest: Friday but nil today and tomorrow

Definitely a wet trip from lake district to Stockport but forecast brighter for Saturday

Wabo - you don't look old enough to be a grandmother!

(we've yet to reach those joys ...)
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Wabo - I also clicked on the 18th August daily thread, and read a great post from Philip Hexter, which took me back 30 odd years.

Club night tonight is a handicapped time trial over 3.7 miles - should make for a good lactic threshold session.

Back later
  • What a distant memory Tuesday's lovely run felt this morning. Eight miles ground out with a couple of hills.

OH - hope your sister is soon sorted and home.

OPR - swim or tri club?

Wabo - how long until you get to see Cleo again? Any news on the potential move to the USA?

• Sister getting discharged this afternoon
  • hiy'all, I too have been time travelling on the threads...
    Wabo - delightful times with the little one!
    Tom, good luck with the TT
    LmH - its still 8 miles ground out...
    OH - hope sis is ok???
    Echo sentiments re daylight (or lack thereof) - got a train an hour later this morning - still dark...
    What - club night, should be a steady/recovery run, but think I'll be U11 coaching again, so 3 or 4 if i can squeeze them in afterwards
    yesterdays lunchtime turned out quite well, 6miles along the Thames to Vauxhall & back. few seconds over 43 minutes, so quite zippy. Pleased with that for a midweek tempo.

lyric - sound familiar, did we have these recently?

• Good news OH.

That was the best spin I could put on it Dustin! They are all miles in the bank.

• Afternoon

What 6 including 3m tempo
    Why Speedy Thursdays
    Lyrics Finally yes

Had a late night watching afilm so was tired when I got up. Tokk the first two miles easyish and accelerated when the Garmin beeped  the 2 mile point. Went great guns in miles 3 and 4 but picked up a nasty stitch in mile 5. Pushed on but the stitch got worse so stopped when mile 5 beeped. Rested in a shop doorway for a few minutes before jogging the final mile to work.

Splits: 7:21, 7:03, 6:25, 6:26, 6:26, 7:39

• Evening!

Lyrics: no
    Wabo: no spoiling the little one...bare feet! None of this modern training shoe rubbish!

What: no
    Why: saw Q of P last night who has seen a significant deterioration in the calf over the last 10 days. She suggests a scan. E-mailed physio: she replied tha tshe had only read half the e-mail before she, too, was requesting a scan. She has e-mailed consultant so the ball is now in his court. At least everyone so far is in agreement.

Was originally planning on watching Ron Hill's birthday race tonight, and the Northern Road relays on Saturday: will be resting as far as possible instead.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

I was confused when seeing 16th August near top of page earlier. Thought I'd got date wrong againimage

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Good news OH

Long time no post Wardi - how are you doing?

Lyrics - sadly yes, because Jnrs and Mrs RFJ like the artist and sing that song a fair bit...

What - 5.85m
    Why 5 x 2 mins fast after a warm up and cool down
    Last Rest - Yesterday as whacked
    Last Hard - sort of tonight effort wise not time wise..

Take care all... 1 more day and its the weekend image

• That doesn't sound good Alehouse - any reason that any of them has come up with? Hope you get your scan and some answers as soon as possible.

Is it the new job taking it out of you RFJ?

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

LMH - not so much the job, but am now commuting 3.5m a day on a bike (1.75m each way to station) and 1/2m walk the other end, my ody is just getting used to it, plus aslo back to training 6 days a week as well.....