Compression gear?

Hi all

I am looking for some advice on compression gear. Basically I have really tight calves (and to a lesser extent hamstrings) and I am looking at getting compression gear - tights and/or socks. I am very clueless though on this and have found it hard to get an idiots guide to compression gear despite hours of reading reviews of the stuff. Bascially I think I will get the socks for when I wear shorts and the tights for when not. However what are peoples experience with them - especially the tights? I see there are recovery ones and ones for whilst you are running but there also "base layer" ones - which should I use?!  I will only wear the tights for outside running in the winter probably (although should I also wear them at the gym?!) but I would not wear anything on top of them so a base layer doesnt weem right - but am I completely wrong? Also in terms of brands and prices - I have seen the really expensive skins and 2UX (or something similar!) and want to know if these are worth it or there are fine cheaper ones?

Sorry for all the questions but if anyone has any advice (or links to advice already given!) I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advace

Holly

Comments