Missing Maths Teacher

Has anyone heard any news about the poor missing Maths teacher? Not been seen for a few days. His poor family and his wife must be worrried.

Comments

• does 1 + 1 = 2 in this case?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I feel bad for his wife and family - there's been nothing about their worry etc.

EKGO - why doesnt it add up? Can they not just be besotted with each other?

• Emmy_H wrote (see)

it was only a maths joke Emmy.

• i can't help thinking about the film Clockwise when reading this story.

• Emmy_H wrote (see)

I feel bad for his wife and family - there's been nothing about their worry etc.

Emmy I apologise for the joke in bad taste, but if he is a trusted Teacher, no they can not be besotted with each other

• definitely a joke.but agree with ERGO.no being besotted is not good enough...teachers have to deal with teenage girls having crushes..........its a part of the job.and girls younger and younger are having crushes.............I hear 11 years old saying that they love so and so.............

where do you draw the line.........................easy no teacher touches a school child........

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    EKGO wrote (see)
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

Emmy I apologise for the joke in bad taste, but if he is a trusted Teacher, no they can not be besotted with each other

Oh dear... sorry - it's a bit early this morning.... I agree that as a teacher and in a position of trust - he should know better.

• Did he sweep you off your feet KK? In my experience it's usually the girl that does all the chasing. The older man or woman needs to have enough decency/maturity or whatever to say no.
  • seren nos wrote (see)

definitely a joke.but agree with ERGO.no being besotted is not good enough...teachers have to deal with teenage girls having crushes..........its a part of the job.and girls younger and younger are having crushes.............I hear 11 years old saying that they love so and so.............

where do you draw the line.........................easy no teacher touches a school child........

what about female teachers and schoolboys?

society seems to take a different view in those situations. it is almost a joke. although it doesn't seem to happen anywhere near as often. (or perhaps no-one complains!)

• Female teachers having relationships with male pupils are now dealt as severely with by the courts as if it were the other way round.  The girls' school where I worked a female teacher had an affair with one of the pupils aged 15 and was subsequently sent to prison for it.

• This is really horrifying reading.

As a daughter of two teachers I see every day how seriously they both take their work. Not an evening goes by without a pile of papers on the back table or hours of research on the laptop - but they love what they do, or they wouldn't be doing it. (Let's face it, you don't go into teaching for the money, and their rapidly approaching pensions have shrunk to nothing over tha last year.)

So to hear about a few slimy individuals, male or female, who are so flattered by a teenage crush that they cannot control their own inappropriate desires makes me feel sick.

Anyone who would abuse their position of authority in that way is committing an act of child abuse and should be dealt with accordingly. Creeps.

• The story made me google a chap who taught at my (girls') school.  He left very suddenly (mid-term) and the rumour mill was that allegations had been made against him.  Turns out he's currently serving 3 years for having sex with a 15 year old girl.  I hope the teacher in this current case does the right thing and brings the girl back home.  However wise and mature she thinks she is, in 10 years' time she'll realise she wasn't.

• skoty.I think the sex of the teacher and child is unimportant..........its a line which should not be crossed.ever.....

• if they only do it in france have they done anything illegal?

• Behind all the outrage there is a human story.
  • I guess my angle is, how can someone shoot them selves in the foot with such power.

Here is what will happen.

1) They will get caught.

2) He will be put on the sex offenders register for life.

3) His career as a teacher, or any other work of that kind, is now over.

4) He is going to do some serious bird.

5) His wife will leave him.

I know there is heat of the moment and all, and we all do stupid things, but some peoples from grace, is truly amazing.

• My understanding of the criminal law on sexual offences is that if a UK national does an act in a country outside the UK, and that act would constitute a sexual offence if done in the UK,  then that person is guilty of that offence in the UK.

The law on rape in the UK is that a child under the age of 16 is incapable of giving consent to sexual intercourse. There are special circumstances where the accused is in a position of trust/authority (e.g. teacher) over the victim, in which case its 18 not 16. I'm not sure that is an amendment to the offence of rape, or if they use the special offence of 'abuse of a position of authority' in those cases.

Then there's child abduction - doesn't matter if the victim goes willingly, the same rule applies, children under 16 are not deemed to be able to give consent to being removed from their parents custody.

• not the heat of the moment.they were already being investigated since February after a school trip.yet they were still allowed for her to have one to one maths lessons with him............

• This just goes to show what a farce the CRB check system is. He's oviously passed a CRB check before being given a job as a teacher, at a cost to the taxpayer.

He's now run off with a school girl. That's the problem with the whole CRB system. It only picks up people who have previous convictions. If someone is devious enough to avoid detection for a long period of time, then they are the most dangerous people, as they don't get caught.

At the same time, if a parent wants to help out with coaching his son's rugby team or if a mother wants to help out at her daughter's Brownie pack, they would have the indignity of undergoing checks, that can't even weed out dangerous individuals. Makes you think that the whole CRB system was set up as a money making enterprise for the government.

• Its just come to light that the school new something was going on for 7 months and he was under investigation.  But the school failed to tell her parents !!

• ashman wrote (see)

Its just come to light that the school new something was going on for 7 months and he was under investigation.  But the school failed to tell her parents !!

So much for the school's duty of care to its pupils.

• Surely, as soon as they need some money or pay for something with a credit/debit card their location will be immediately known...   and can't phones be traced easily enough thesedays..?   

• Why the bloody hell do school kids need to go to LA?
  • Rickster.the CRB check will never pick up every sicko..but it will at least pick up the ones that have been done for it before....and so take some of them out of the equation...........taking some of them is better than taking none.........

as for the indignity of having a CRB check as an individual............what total crap.....having to fill in a short form and supply formal identification ..........what on earth can you be upset by doing that......unless you are shy about your real age........i have had them done as have both my sons at the age of 15 to do voluntary work.........

as a parent surely its reasurring that every one has them as we all know its these kind of clubs and churches where slimeballs have infilitrated in the past..............as least once found out they can not move from area to area and attack another group of innocent kids

the only negative about teh CRB is that the administrration is arse over tit and needs sorting..but teh idea is sound