Amsterdam Marathon

Anyone doing the Amsterdam Marathon on Sunday, 20 October 2002? Or have you done this before?

I will be there sporting my Maidenhead Athletics Running club vest.

It would be good to hear from anyone else going from the UK.

Comments

• I have signed up for the Amsterdam marathon. I am currently training hard for it with my friends at Milton Keynes AC. Only two of us doing it at present from the club. I booked it in January before I broke my ankle playing squash. After a three month layoff I am back on track. My wife and I are staying in a little bed and breakfast near the start. I booked the hotel and flights in January as well.

How's your training going? What time are you trying for? Is anyone else from Maidenhead going?

I suggetsed to my training partners today that we should start a blog because apart from Sundays we all have different training plans and agendas.

We did 23 miles today which was very hard but we did it. Keep the blog going and I'll try and encourage some of the others to contribute.
  • yep Im doing it, from Newham, East End Road Runners, flying out on the Friday with ,my partner who is coming out to support me

• Do they do a coffee and a joint stations as well as drink stations at the Amsterdam Marathon? image

• did this last year, nice flat fast course, I would definately do it again in the future. Beer tent at the finish line was brilliantimage have a great time.

• was going to do the half, but a band of gold on my left hand says I cannot go now.

Rickster, they do warn you that you may be dope tested after the race!