Royal Parks HM - first ever HM - help please!

Hi I'm running Royal Parks on 7th October and scared stiff! I'm new to running and I've had two pregnancies in the last two years, both csection, my latest is seven months old. I started training at the end of July and two weeks ago managed to get up to 10 miles but i was absolutely knackered at the end of it and went to bed at 7pm! Since then I've only done 3, 4 and 6 miles every other day, should I make a final push and try for 11 or 12 miles? I'm only managing about 12 minute miles and panicking that I won't get round.....any help, tips etc please?? Thanks! Josi

Comments

• Don't panic, you'll get round. It's good that you've had some rest it will help you on the day.

No, do not do another long run this close to the race, you only have a week to go. Do some nice easy paced running - 6; 4; 3; miles next week.

Think about adopting a walk run strategy for the race, or run jog.

There's no reason why you can't try that out at the weekend - whichever day suits. The sooner the better.

The Race. - Start near the back. You do not want to set off running too fast and starting any further forward will encourage you to do this. It's very easy to do without realising it. Make yourself start slow.
    Starting slow will conserve your energy for the latter stages of the race.
    If you can, make friends and chat to the runners around you, it will help get you round, you'll be able to motivate each other.

Above all else enjoy yourself.