Thursday 27th Sept 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics, wellt hird line of this song are:'And maybe we'll come back'

What:4M Easy

Why: My first run since last Thursday

Enjoyed Stornoway back on late Monday, very busy since

My last day as a Civil Servant after 24.5 Years tomorrow.

Catch up time.

Comments

• Nice to know I was missedimage

I did get some withdrawl symptoms, like when travelling up at 5:05 am to Ullapool an d thinking about 6am I 'm usually starting DT about now...image

Came back witha pile of about 14 running mags (My brother in Law passed them on) and even a Triathlon one ! Good read even though 'I swim like a brick' and thats being kind

Read 'The Dirtiest Race Ever' Book. The  Story of 1988 Seoul Olympics Mens 100m. A cracking read and very enjoyable. Hope it comes out in paperback

• Morning birks - good to have you back. Sounds as though you had a good break. Any plans work wise after tomorrow?

Blisters - did you stuff your marrow?

Yesterday's lyrics were Do You Have A Little Time by Dido.

It's dry here and forecast to remain that way all day, this makes the sensible option of swimming today much less attractive so:

What:         easy run (hopefully)
    Why:          I want to
    Last hard:   still the ground
    Last rest:    24/9

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

birks - must admit I looked at that book in the library the other day so may get it next visit on that recommendation.

After attacking myself with Echinacea, multi-vitamins and vicks first defence i'm actually feeling less cold like today! Hooray image

Just going to take it easy today. No run and possibly no swim. I know iI really shouldn't go but enjoyed it so much last week! This taper lark is like having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. It's a fine line trying to satisfy both!

Points taken on the sports massage. I'll ask him to take it easy on my lower half.

Really got the pre-race buzz at the moment.

What: Rest
    Why: Taper
    Last hard: 16/09
    Last rest: Tuesday

Lyrics: Nope

• morning all,
    more of the grey & drizzle here again today, and to think it was only on saturday that I was outside in (non running) shorts...
    Good to see Birks back, and thanks Tom for another reason not to eat cabbage...

Yesterday was a curtailed session, delayed at work, got home and was told dinner would be ready in 30 mins...so quick zip round the streets, fast 2miles with half mile w/u & c/d. 3miles /21.40
    Today - lunchtime run along the river, hopefully 6miles
    why - meeting at the club later so won't be training
    last rest - saturday (I think)
    last hard - mile 2 last night.

• What: probably short run with JS group this evening (if work quiet)
    Why: Thursdy and tapering
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: yesterday

Good to have you back Birks
    Sunny today!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

what: short club run early because I am with beginners tonight

why: schedule

last hard: tuesday 5k run

last easy: yesterday

have a good day peeps

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon

Birkmyre - Nice to have you back. Seen the book in a bookshop looks good

Anyone get any post today? image
    I did a rejection from VLM. Thought i'd not care but i do a bit however may do another image

Think i'm ready

What: short run around 3 miles
    Why: LFOTM tomorrow
    Last Hard an eon ago
    Lyrics No

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

Lyrics - yes, and you've got me warbling the riff

Birkmyre, I'll keep a look out for "The DirtiestRace Ever". I saw a TV documentary about this before the Olympics. I recently reread "Running Scared" an exposee of British Athletics during the Andy Norman years...riveting stuff.

Can't make the club tonight so I did my LSR this morning. Came out at 13.9M at overall 7:58 pace. Legs a bit battered and slowing towards the end. However my efforts were buoyed up my the old "time on feet" mantraimage
  • Hi everyone. First time posting in one of these threads.

What: 5 mile Home Run route
    Why: Haven't run this route before and it gets me home from work with my bag carried for me! Also my only run of the week before Bristol HM on Sunday...
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Tuesday

Lyrics sound familiar but I can't place them.

Ooh Pammie, now I'm desperate to check the post when I get home!! It's my first time entering the VLM ballot, expect my chances are about as high as being picked in the Hunger Games reaping.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello Georginagem

Pammie I thought VLM were out in October?  I hope they email me as my address has changed...

LMH how's the leg/ankle?

What: 10km ish with club
    Why: club night
    Found another club to join on a different night.  May go to 2 for a while, see which one I like best (or just stick with the 2 either way, they offer very different training).

Have a good one all.

• Welcome Georginagem.

OPR - you would probably be ok with the swim as long as you don't think it will affect your chances of developing that cold.

emzap - to be honest, not 100% and that, combined with the difficulty running yesterday, the fact that I'm far more tired than I should be, that my throat is sore and I want to do my last 20 miler on Sunday has convinced me to take a second rest day today. No swim, no nothing beyond walking the dog - hopefully in the dry.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening

Georginagem - Welcome to the thread. Hope you have good news re the ballot

emzap yes October but they usually send them out a bit early if you don't hear anything (Are you getting your mail redirected) give them a call/email

Ended up just shy of 3 miles 2.96 miles little quicker than planned hopefully still be ok tomorrow

• Evening you lot

Cheesr for welcomes back.

onepace: Read it its very informative.

Tom: Yeah that books an interesting read too. Might have a read of it again sometime soon

LMH: I might have some news re a 6 mth contract for my current job quite soon.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Welcome Georginagem

well a good day all round....

Get home and have an acceptance letter from VLM... this after saying I would never do it again...... but still want to have a good run there something not yet done in the previous 6 attempts ranging from 3:43 to 3:58... when current PB is 3;13.....

Then Club Champs tonight.... Jnr and I in the same event.... 1st and 4th, do I really need to say who came 1st..... with a stonking time of 4:54..... then the older one (me) came home in 5:39 (85, 86, 85, 81) to claim 1st vet (and 1st snr) as most of the fast ones did not show image

6.5m this morning and some warm up / cool dow miles means 10m for the day....