Leg pain or fatigue?

I get this burning/tingling sensation in my leg muscle particularly in my thighs whenever I perform a mildy intense activity e.g. walking up a flight of stairs. This burning or tingling sensation comes on really quickly and is really starting to annoy me I have had it for a while. I recently changed my running shoes to a pair that provided more support with a lot of cushioning. I run more on treadmills than I do on outside ground. I don't think its to do with with the lack strength I have in my thigh muscle because comments have been made to be about strong my thighs look. I don't know whether or not it is muscle fatigue or a serious injury and I don't know what to do about it, should I stop training completely? Is there any remedy that would help get rid of the burning or tingling sensation? Any help or advice at all on what I should do or what my condition is would be greatly appreciated!
Thank YOU

Comments

• It's not one I've heard of (though I'm an amateur!) - Given the lack of response, it seems I'm not alone. Think it's one to mention to the doc or physio.  Hope you get to the bottom of it.

• I'm no expert either but I have had that sensation also. It was when I was overtraining and my legs would burn when I went upstairs, mainly in the thigh area. Now I have cut back and am following a more sensible training routine i.e. more structured with more rest days, I dont suffer as much and when it does come on after going up the stairs the sensation goes away after a few seconds. What sort of mileage are you doing, how long have you been running for ? 

• How many more rest days are you taking then, carterusm as what you have described seems to be exactly what I have. I have made an appointment with a physio. I have been running for about 2 years now and I am not setting targets e.g. I do not have specific race I am building up to like a marathon I run to increase my fitness level so that by the end of each month I am performing a fitness test to prove that my fitness has increased so in a sense that is what I am working towards. I am doing at the moment between 15 and 20 miles a week. I have cut down on the amount of training I am doing but I still feel like I have to train to stop my fitness from plummiting. What would be best to continue training or cut it out all together? Thanks guys