An Early Plea - London Marathon Runners & Supporters

Hola peeps

So, I figured that bearing in mind everyone should have found out by now if they were lucky enough to win a place in the ballot, then it was timely to put a little plea out on the forums for something I'd like those of you who weren't successful to consider.

Every year, a merry band of RW Forumites set up camp at Mile 17 - Mudchute behind some Runners World banners and surrounded by blue and yellow balloons in order to provide some very special support to people who are taking part.

We commit to being there on the day - many of us actually have an earlier start than those running as we aim to be on site before 7am if possible in order to hold our place - and we split ourselves into groups with runners allocated to us so that they can pick up specific special needs items such as gels and drinks that have been left at the Expo in the days leading up to the event itself.

Next year will be my 4th at the 'Chute, it's one of the highlights of my year as we really do have such an amazing day. We are there early, and we stay till the last runners have gone through (we don't leave anyone behind) and usually don't go till way after the sweeper has gone.

We've been short on supporters the last couple of years - there's a core group of people who come along every time, but it would be nice to see some people who've made use of our services in the past paying it back.

We have had to put a limit on the number of specific runners we can actually support over the last couple of years, so PLEASE PLEASE - if you're not running, consider coming along on the day. We don't bite - well, not much anyway ;-) - and we really do have an amazing time. We all pitch off to the Chandos at Trafalgar Square afterwards as well altho some of us (cough cough image) usually really don't need any more beer by that pointimage

If anyone wants any more info, please let me know, I'm more than happy to go through what happens on the day image

Oh - and a little plea to RW Towers too please. It'd be nice to have some support this year since last year it was lacking - we are all volunteers who do this under the RW banner so it'd be nice to get a bit back.

Cheers all!!

SBH x

Comments