pre race diet

Hi! I've been running for a few years and although thought many times about joining a club I just don't seem to have the time! I ran a few half marathons last year and this year has been mainly focused on 10k and p.b's but now its time to go back to the halfs. I've been training fairly hard for the past few months and have entered the Neil McCover half next weekend and the Fraserburgh half in November, Not expecting anything out of the one next week, just doing it to get back into the swing of things, but from then onwards I want to start improving my time. I ran 1.56.50 for my first ever half, then 1.52.34 for my second but my plan from next year is to start getting better and better!

So I'm wondering what the best kind of diet to have is in the week leading up to the race and also the evening before? I eat relatively healthy just now anyway and as I'm on the go all day, every day at work I eat small and regular meals to keep me going.

Any tips for both training and diet will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

For a half marathon I wouldn't alter my diet at all in the lead up to a race. Just race on what ever you do for your training runs.

Good luck at the Neil McCover half. I fancied running that one myself, but I'll be out the country next weekend.