Lincolnshire Day

It's the 1st of October, so it's Lincolnshire Day. image

Sausages, haslet, Bateman's beer and stuffed chine all around.image

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I used to work in Lincolnshire. I was in the RAF at the time. It was a bleak and windswept place and bloody cold in winter.

But at least there was some decent beer available ... across the border in Rutland image

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Muttley, you must feel really glad not to have to live in this draftty county anymore - if you can't appreciate it's charms you're probably well out of it.

Admittedly it's windy but other than that, the climate is extremely benign, something to do with the Wash and the acres of low lying land, though I suppose you never ventured South of Bracebridge Heath to experience the magic of the Fens.

There are many people who travel thousands of miles across Europe just to live and work in South Lincolnshire.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

"There are many people who travel thousands of miles across Europe just to live and work in South Lincolnshire"

Like half of Poland image

I'm spoiled, of course, coming from Cornwall ...

• It's one of the driest counties in England. There is stuff to do there. It's great for running and cycling, because the Fens are flat. If you like hills, there's the Wolds and the city of Lincoln. There's some nice quiet seaside places as well. Just avoid Ingoldmelss and Skegness, as they are pouring with chavs, innit! image

• Hutoft beech, brilliant, no tat, just the toilets and the ice cream van! Lincolnshire has loads going for it, especially the weather!!

• I've fished on the beach at Huttoft Car Terrace loads of times. It's a good fishing spot.

• Spent many a happy hout at the beach at Hutoft. Was just a carpark there last time I went. Maybe a little white cafe too.

Boston is a good place to feel thin in.
  • Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Spent many a happy hout at the beach at Hutoft. Was just a carpark there last time I went. Maybe a little white cafe too.
    Boston is a good place to feel thin in.

Still only a toilet and a beach there.

I agree, Boston is a place to feel thin and posh.

• imageimage Love sitting in Oldrids cafe and people watching, don't half cheer you up!

• Or the parents in Boston who say that their kids aren't naughty. It's because they've got ADHD and they can't help the fact that they've just picked up a bottle in Asda and thrown it on the floor. Seems funny how every other Boston parent claims to have a child with this condition.

• Hi,

Lincolnshire Sports Partnership are running the West Lindsey Run Series 2012 with two races coming up in October and November - I'd be really grateful if you could post this information on your page and circulate to your members?

Everyone Active Gainsborough 5k
    Sunday 21st October
    10.00am start – West Lindsey Leisure Centre
    Online applications close Sunday 14th October
    Race entries accepted on the day at Race HQ

Market Rasen 10k
    Sunday 25th November
    10.00am start – Market Rasen Racecourse
    Online applications close Sunday 18th November
    Race entries accepted on the day at Race HQ

Walkers, joggers and runners are all encouraged to take part. The races cost £12 for non-UKA affiliated participants and £10 for UKA-affiliated. Please find attached an application form, or register online.

For more information visit www.westlindseyrunseries.co.uk or call Marc Rhodes on 01522 585 580.

The West Lindsey Run Series 2012 has been organised by Lincolnshire Sports Partnership in conjunction with West Lindsey District Council.

Thank you!