Run Preston 10k 2012

2»

Comments

• The smokers were very much the minority, and anyway, smoke travels upwards outdoors.

I'm personally unbothered by the inclusion of the singer and the lord mayor's show and all that: if that helps sell the day to the masses then fair enough, it's about encouraging participation.

I was fortunate enough to be ahead of the bottleneck, but I can't think how they could have got around that, where they could compensate for the width and have a city centre start.

No issue getting t-shirt after race here.

• Sorry Alan! Only just seen that message. Really disappointed that I won`t be able to complete the series having missed this. Not run for a while now. Not likely I`ll be there for the half tbh, and I was in such good shape back at the 5k! image

• sevendaughters wrote (see)

Eh, Judith, I think the mix of good standard runners and the tryhard smokers are what makes it the day it is, don't see what the point in trying to shame them by number is.

sevendaughters wrote (see)

the tryhard smokers are what makes it the day it is, don't see what the point in trying to shame them by number is.

sevendaughters wrote (see)

The smokers were very much the minority, and anyway, smoke travels upwards outdoors.

Interesting views

• I did this on Sunday and really enjoyed it. I had fairly low expectations as it seemed like we got the race pack information quite late, and it was always going to be a nightmare in the Guild Hall, but other than that I thought it was great. I liked that we got free parking, I thought the marshalls were all excellent and the route was challenging. My parents came and watched and they seemed to enjoy it too- I think I saw them about 4 times. The only bit I didn't really like was the turn at the end into the finish funnel as the person in front of me practically tripped me up. I can't say I noticed smokers and I got my t-shirt fine. 

Now onwards to the half marathon!