Replacing shoes, advice needed

I have been running in a pair of Nike Air Vomero 5 (men's size 7) since Feb and just completed my first half marathon and now they are starting to show wear and tear. I have had no problems with them and I like the cushioning and support. I need to replace them but the 5s been replaced with later models which are bound to be different. I have been to two running shops now and both tried to get me to try different brands (one even suggested Nike didn't make 'proper' running shoes!!!). I cannot get on with Asics shoes and the Air Zoom Vomero 5 mens shoe has fit well even though i am an average weight female. I am a fairly neutral runner with lowish arches and I plan to increase my mileage to train for the VLM next year (if I get a place). Any advice on what I should do? I have tried gait analysis in the past and ended up with a pair of very expensive shoes that caused me nothing but pain so I am very sceptical. Any good stores in London or home counties that you can recommend that carry all brands? should I just stick with what I know works or am I missing out?

Comments