Another one hooked!

Good morning all, 

I have been hanging around looking in from the outside for a few weeks and thought I would introduce myself.

Complete beginner, overweight and bought a treadmill in July to try and loose weight.Forced myself to go on it, never enjoyed it went down to once a week at best and always found an excuse not to go on it.

Then one day, not sure why, I decided I wanted to do a triathlon. Now I want to train every day, from no real exercise since school (30 years ago) in the last 3 weeks I have done the following;

Run      3 times

Treadmill. At least 5 times.

Bike      3 times

Swim     once but going again today.

Would have done more running but injuerd myself on the first run, lesson learnt.

I ordered my new bike yesterday, there not called racers any more but road bikes, it was like Christmas as a child again, I remember waiting for my Raleigh Javelin racer many years ago.

Oh, and since I found this forum my goals have changed, the triathlon I wanted to do (VT2 Dorney sprint) is now just a part of my training to bigger  things. I have ordered my copy of "be iron fit", so you never know!

Before I posted I wanted to make sure that I could at least do basic running, cycling and swimming, now I know I can, and even in such a short time I can feel the difference, the only thing that can stop me now is myself so no excuses.

This forum is inspirational, even when you are just looking from the outside so thanks to you all, no questions yet as I think I have read all the posts!!!!!

I'll stop waffling now, just wanted to say hello.

Comments