RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• DD - Great result and trophy.

Daren - Thats still pretty fast even by your standards.

FRC - Well done on your Ultra, enjoy your pie.

Minni - I think the ' pace smoothing' only works on the 205/305 models. I've now got a 410, and there's no option to adjust it. If you've got one of those, hears a Pdf of the owners manual, go to page 53-54. Basically if you chose most, it dosent fluctuate much, but takes longer to adjust to different paces. Least, adjusts quickly, but can give you some big flutuations.

On the other question, if you have it on auto lap, can't you just press the lap button at the other points you want aswell.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Thanks Si. You can press the lap button yes, but this then overrides the auto lap so doesn't then record each mile.
  • Minni- lol if I slow down I will try to imagine you running behind me with a stick!image

Gazelle, Becks and Chick- I will have everything crossed for you tomorrow (might just have to uncross while running...). Good luck everyone!
  • Re: laps, if you hit manual lap it will over ride auto lap.

Re: beetroot juice, absolutely no way am I drinking that stuff.

Good luck tomorrow gang. Can't wait to see Chickadee smash 3:30 image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    That's what I just said Spoons!!
  • DD - nice bling image

I did Florence in 2009 and the weather was perfect.  Walked to the start in just an extra t-shirt and wasn't cold.

Minni - over the summer I sort of trained for an ultra but didn't get half as many really long runs in as I did 2 years ago.  Took 5 minutes longer but happy with that. You may remember MiL had a stroke earlier in the year.  She spent 3 months at home from June to September but then had a nasty fall and has spent the last month back in hospital.  We are now waiting to see where she will be discharged to.  Home or a home.

I'm going to get this thread bookmarked now so I can try to keep up.

• Minni - I know how to beat it. Use auto laps, then when you want to add a lap, say 5.4m, press manual lap. This would then put your auto laps out of sync, but if you keep an eye on your garmin, when it hits 6m press manual lap again, and then auto laps will be back in sync. It will give you something to think about on your run.
  • Minni - I took Beat-it beatlejuice the 2 days before Manchester mara, and I Pb'd in crap weather,so I would take it again.
  • Minni, cant you set auto lap to 5.4m and then set one of the info screens to show av pace, current pace.. That's in mile time then. Won't give you mile splits, but you can work them out after.

Good luck Chic, BecsA, Gazelle. Be brilliant.

Brol get that PB.
  • Minni wear two garmins! image

FRC Congrats on the ultra

Good luck to all of you racing today

Will splash and trot today.

• FRC - Well done on the ultra.

Minni - I hear you, if I listen or not is a different matterimage.  Ref your Garmin if you set autolap to 1.08 miles, it will give you milesish splits but every 5th lap will add up to the 5.4 mile loop, you will have to add the batches of 5 laps together but it will give you what you want.

Good luck all.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone today. Beautiful day here perfect for fast running.... Not that that's what I plan to do ... Honest Minni
  • Good luck to all our racers, it's a beautiful day out there image
  • Wear 3 garmins. One on km splits, one on mile splits and one on 5.4s
  • I'm hungover image.   26.6 miles yesterday was actually over 30 - inaccurate course diversion, rubbish route description and some stupid navigational errors all combined to make this a lot harder than we had planned.  Off to see whether my shoes are actually still underneath the thick layers of bog / shit/ mud I appeared to be running in towards the end and will do a report later when I am seeing only one computer screen.

Love the bling DD - great race

FRC - don't worry about your age, I'm open to any offers goingimage  Hope you emjoyed your first ultra, be warned - they are strangely addictive!

Good Luck to all the racers today - the forum expects!!

G

• Beautiful day for racing, especially jealous of Bro at Royal Parks. image

Enforced rest for me, but in the running sense only. Away for work, just moved house (again image) and off on holiday on Weds. It's probably been good for my calf, but pants for everything else.

ST I saw your update, sounds so scary. Pleased to see you're out and about all ready.

Sending speedy, non-shit vibes to Becs in Chicago. Hope the lurgy cleared up.

I've missed tonnes of other racers so need to read back and catch-up. Then off to explore some new running routes - I wonder if I'm going to regret moving to the top of a very large hill...

• Hi Weeble nice to see you back.

I'm sure all the races are underway now. Other than becs for a few hours. Good luck to everyone. Pain is temporary and all that...

I'm hungover again today. Think my body is starting to hate me! Lots of running and drinking dont mix as I can't even face a 3 mile jog right now!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I'm off for my 21.  Should have been hours ago but had a lie in then had to walk the dogs.  Its a gorgeous day.  Look forward to the reports starting to come in when I get back.

• Right, either Chester marathon FB-stalking is total shite, or Gazelle is not having a good race.  According to my log in, she crossed the line at 9:01.54.  I have been refreshing the thing for the last 15 mins and nothing image  If anyone is more techno than I, please have a look for runner 2855.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

FRC, amazing work, nicely run!!  Can't wait to read report.  Glad you showered eventually image

O4~S, happy hangover imageimageimage

• X-post, AA, happy hangover to you too!!!

• Stalking not good.

Saw Gazelle at 16-17 miles, approx 2:06, sub 3:25 pace ?
  • FRC, thank goodness for that!!!  Phew, I can relax now.  Get in there, Gazelle image

• Go Gazelle!! image

Thanks for the update FRC image

• Just glancing back over many missed postings image

Well done on the ultra FRC. Will look forward to the report.

DD, great race. Nice picture. Superb effort! Well done you!! image

I don't know all of you on this thread, but (a bit belatedly ... ) good luck on today's races!!

Waves to all imageimageimage

• Juggler, welcome back image  Great to hear from you again.  Looking forward to catching up with you and how you're getting on.

• Ok had a text off Minni. Who has had a text off chick....

So so so delighted to report chick has done 3:29.15. Totally fantastic. Yay well done girl!
  • I did my 3 mile recovery with my hangover. Now I'm going to eat all day!,,,
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm the first back today. Hope all the racers have done well.

Beautiful sunny crisp morning in Lancashire. Jogged to the race start, signed up and completed a 4 mile warm up. Chatted to a few friends then the race started. Once around a very wet playing field and onto the roads. The route was mainly along country lanes with the bulk being a 2.5 mile loop twice with 1 mile being down hill the rest a long slow climb and then a shorter sharper rise. I looked at my watch and realised 6mm was too fast and slowed down and from then on ran by feel not the watch aiming to reel in the runners in front or not be overtaken but not run eyeballs out and feeling sick. That's how it went until the finish at which point I was on my own. I looked at my watch which read 40.04. A new 10 k pb but I was gutted as if I'd looked earlier I would have found those extra seconds to go under40 mins.

I doubt the official time will be much faster. I guess I finished in the first25ish I think the fast runners will have been at Chester or saving themselves for Liverpool next week.

Splits: 6.35,6.42,6.32,6.34,6.26,6.12,5.53. Average:6.28

After that jogged the 2 miles home recovery pace.

Can't wait for everyone else to check in.

FRC- how are you after that ultra?

O4S- another epic effort .Congratulations.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Chick- well done- brilliant marathon result.