RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Couple of great results there.

Well done Chicka!! Excellent result imageimage

And nice PB 2old. image

• Just had Bro's text alert from Royal Parks as she was on my number. I will let her update though, but I think she'll be pleased. image

Chick fantastic, well done! Job done. image

2Old great news on the PB. Those pesky seconds!

• 2old -   Great result and congrats on the PB, I thought we were n't racing today.image

Congrats to Chick.

Cricklade HM for me today,perfect conditions for racing and nice course, shame to waste itimage.  1 mile warm up,  Set off what I thought was a steady pace Garmin beeped about 10 metres short of mile marker 6:29 oops, teamed up with RAF runner and second lady for about  next 5 miles  splits 6:35,6:38,6:35,6:42,6:41 through 6 miles just over 40 mins - feeling good.  RAF runner pulled away, but second lady on my shoulder for next 3 splits 6:45,6:41,6:42, though 9 in about 1 hour,  spotted first lady about 50 metres ahead of us. Pushed on and lost second lady.  Started to feel the pace but knew Sub 1:30 was on. splits for last miles 6:44,6:52,6:44, 6:47 ended up finishing just behind 1st lady.  Garmin time 1:28:13  for 13.2 at 6:41 avg and very very happy. I know it's close to Abo but if I've got a chance to go sub 1:30 I'm going to take it.

• Guys can only do a quick check in for now. 1:34:08 on the garmin. image)))
  • Brilliant result Brolish!!! imageimageimage

BarryB. Excellent time!! Just need to make sure you get plenty of rest now ... image

• image Fantastic everyone. Good day at the office. image

Chick - you finally did it. Awesome - well done image

• Chick- whoop whoopimage)) you did it!

Gazelle- OMG you were brilliant!image

Weeble- what's the official result?
  • Hi everyone...just checking in and it looks like a good weekend's racing so far...not had a chance to read back totally, but saw chick's result (fantastic) and brolish (brilliant) imageimage

23 miles at first light this morning - felt surprisingly good, not quick but legs nice and strong all the way. Very glad to get that last LSR d&d though...bring on the tapir imageimage

Will read more to tomorrow when i am back at workimage
  • Just a quick check in from the service station, some great results this weekendimage I pulled a 3:21:28 out of the bag!!

Will try and update when I get home after a detour to collect the kids and dog.
  • Gazelle- Amazing!!! I am so so happy for you.image
  • Go Gazelle! !! That is absolutely brilliant !!! A just reward for all that training. imageimageimage

• O.m.g so exciting, such great results!

Chick, yay you for your sub 3:30.

Gazelle, absolutely awesome, you too will be pleased!

Brolish, just on way home from London, saw some runners this morning with royal parks numbers + thought of you, a big well done!

Barry you are on fire, now rest, rest, rest for Abo!

Such an exciting day, just been to the Scandinavia show at earls court, bought a gorgeous leather handbag + met Rolf Lassgard off Wallendar, happy days!
  • Wow, absolutely brilliant results all round!

Gazelle, awesome time and Chick, brilliant to get that sub 3:30! image

And a sub 1:30 for Barry, a so nearly sub-40 for 2Old and a cracking HM time for Brolish too!

Absolutely awesome! Congratulations to all of you.

• Oh, and Minni, not sure about the beetroot juice. I'm one of those strange people who doesn't actually mind the taste of it, but I set my 5k and 10k PBs in the summer without using it, so don't think I'll bother.

• wot a day!!!

Absoultely awesome racing 2old, BarryB, Bro and Gazelle image

Just back from Bremen, after my standard post race steak & chips all washed down with a litre of Erdinger (WITH alcohol!!). Now on to the red ... image

Going to post a proper race report tomorrow but a quick glance at the results revealed I was 17th lady and 4th in my age group. Overall position 250 out of 1200 runners. I can live with that image

Have never felt so good in a marathon before. Slept like a baby last night, woke up calm and I just new I would do it. The wind bothered me a bit - it was blowing a right old hooley but I kept shouting at myself HTFU, HTFU, HTFU image and it worked. Had fun working the crowds, high-fiving the kids and best of all: I feel fine - more like after a Sunday long run. Guess I didn't work hard enough out there image. There will be DOMS tomorrow .... and a hangover image  but it's so worth it.

Thanks for all the support I got from you guys. You are such brilliant virtual friends. Couldn't have done it without you.

• Chick- yey! Enjoy the vino and lots of it!!!image
  • 2Old, nearly missed your report, sorry! Soo close to that sub 40, you'll have it in the bag next time.

Chick enjoy your red image
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Gazelle- outstanding marathon well done that was very impressive running. Looking forward to you telling us all about it

Bro- another very fast run- NY is there for the taking.

Chick - nailed sub 3.30. Great stuff.

Barry - superb HM well under 1.30 too. I think 3.10 is well on the cards for Abo for you if you rest fully from now on. Ironically I wasn't really going for it today at my 10 k, i concentrated on being relaxed and maybe that's where I've been going wrong in the past. I reckon I still had enough in me to knock off another 20-30 seconds, I had also already ran 4 miles before the race and ran2 miles home afterwards. Confidant that sub40 is doable after that.

Free- another very good and very long,run and now a well earnt taper
  • 2Old- sorry I haven't been reading properly. Cracking pb and I'm sure you can almost smell 39ximage
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Wow what a day!  Sunny Sunday!

Chick - I am so pleased for you finally cracking 3:30.  From missing months over the winter and coming back with that, it'll be great to see what now follows.  Well done!

2old - you naughty boy!  image  But good to see a pb come out of it.  Sub 40 will definitely follow. image

and Barry too!  Do you boys not listen to Momma A?!! (that what my daughter's friends call me!) But again, it worked for you.  That is a phenomenal time and puts you in a great position for Abo.

Brolish - what can I say?! I'm not altogether surprised - your training shows you had a fast HM time in there but I think you needed to believe that.  Your recent 10k must have helped your confidence.  I'm really chuffed you've finally done it and there'll be a lot more to come.  Well done!

Gazelle - brilliant time - well done!  How did it feel compared to the 3:28 in London?

Hey Weeble you might have had a shit year but you've not got a lovely HM time against your name, thanks to Brolish!  I might get her to run my next one for me!

Freemers - 23 - well done!

21.6 miles in the bag for me this morning in about 2:55.  I opted for the 2 watches image  I lost a mile from my garmin splits when I realised I must have knocked it off when I took my top off.  My splits came out at:  8:43, 8:34, 8:43, 8:31, 8:34, 8:34 (lost data for next mile), 8:29, 8:30, 8:15, 7:59, 8:10, 8:01, 8:11, 8:10, 8:12, 7:58, 7:54, 7:52, 7:47. 7:52, 0.47m -7:41/m.  My 5.4 loops: 45:53; 44:20; 43:04; 40:41.  I felt crap on the first two laps and my legs felt tired from Friday's session, third lap I was getting into it and fourth felt great!  

Well done Team.  Another weekend of brilliant racing.  At this rate we'll be sending a team to Rio! image

• forgot to say that today was a 9 minute and 23 sec PB image. Can't quite believe it myself ...  I have to keep checking my Garmin image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Chick - image 9 minutes!  image

• Weeble- I was going to say... It must've sucked to get my result and think it should be you running it. Thank you so much for giving me your place, this is exactly what I needed at this stage so very much appreciated.
  • Brol -  Congrats, trying so hard for 1:36 and then gets 1:34 well done brilliant running.

Chick -  You've had doubts and difficult runs but you've done it, massive PB - really good running, congrats enjoy the wine - you deserve it.

Gazelle -  Congrats, very impressive time.

Freemers/Minni -  Good confidence boosting long runs for TM.

• Chick - I'm so delighted for you after all your hard work this Summer. You must be buzzing.image

Barry - what a fantastic time. Glad Cricklade had good weather, we've been in fog all day! All set for Abo now. You are gonna do great.

2old - an amazing 10k time. So close to sub40, how annoying, and well done on a superb effort.

Bro - I just knew it would happen today. You so deserve it. Well done.

Wow - excellent weekend for Team Minni image

Freemers - don't think I have ever done a 23 mile training run. Happy tapering.image

Minni - thats a great solid long run too. Confidence boosting to finish so strong.

• Bro - 1:34:07 on the chip, so the garmin was nearly spot on. Isn't it amazing how sometimes you just need to get the timing right and things can come together so well. Shows the benefit of racing fairly regularly I guess. 

Gazelle - awesome. Does that take the pink for Team Minni? (For the benefit of thread newcomers we have a spreadsheet logging the male and female PBs with colour coding for the leaders. Because yes, we are all that cool. image)

• Chick - I'm chuffed to bits for you. I've checked back and it was 2009 when we first virtually met on the marathon thread along with Freemers. You've come so far. Go and get completely shit faced on all that brilliant german beer imageimage

• image Go team go!  So pleased to see everyone has done so brilliantly today image

Chick I'm over the moon for you, really nice work image Have a few more Erdingers, you've earned them image

Bro that's brilliant, you deserve a fast HM time and you've really pulled it out of the bag. All looking good for NY with that time.

Go Gazelle! That's really brilliant, you've clearly reaped the rewards of alot of hard work.

Roll on the race reports.

Well done anyway on the disappointing YKW Daren, definitely a good sharpener for GER.

So much for MP then 2old! That's brilliant, well done on your new PB.

Definitely take the chance of a sub-1:30 when it's there Barry, you've nailed it!  Is Abo in 2 weeks?  You'll be fine image

Sounds like you've enjoyed your first ultra FRTC, well done!

Nice racing DD, that's an impressive trophy too.

Another decent long run in the bag Minni, does that mean the taper has started?