Beginners Guide to the Surrey Hills Ride date - Saturday 6th October

12346»

Comments

• Thanks Dustboy - great ride out, super weather thank goodness and of course fantastic pirate company, some old friends and some new faces who I never did manage to put names to image

Like Soupy Coombe and Chapel defeated me but then I pretty much only train on the flat and am heading towards a coach barlos-esque figure which might also have something to do with it image image

Can't think of anything I'd rather have been doing today image

• Great ride boys and girls, thanks dustboy really enjoyed the first two hills NOT!!! (lol), had a really good day, hope to do it all again soon image.

• Thought of you all as we pedalled our MTBs marking out the Surrey Badger course.  Lovely day for it.

Schmunks, if you can get up Coombe you're well on your way to conquering pretty much any hill in this area image

• glad everyone had a great day! Sounds brilliant, well done DB!
  • Had a great ride ,really enjoyed it image

Thanks DB

• What a great day yesterday.

Thanks to DB for arranging and his encouraging words at the bottom of each hill.

Thanks to Bassy for coming back down Coombe to check I was ok and to Ferret for being back end Charlie.

Enjoyed the hills I did and loved going up the other side of Coombe. I am definitely more of a long drag kinda girl image

Had to walk down Crocknorth, but bombed down Staples Lane. Good job there was a hedge to break my fall :/
  • Great to see so many people out yesterday, nice and social and great fun image
  • Top turnout yesterday, 16 people I think? Lot's of good humoured fun and banter. 31.48 miles and 772M climbing for those interested, so a pretty flat ride thenimage.

Loved the TT bit at the end which made a nice change before the cool down winch back up to Newlands.

As ever, thanks to Ferret for tail end charlie (or I would have ended up miles away on the back of the Boxhill loop) and Ferret biscuits. Ferret biscuits alone are enough reason to turn out!

Great to see some new faces and old alike. At least three of which asked when there was going to be a hill. Watch out for next years rematch. We'll go over the other side of the A25 image. Might ask Smiffy for some pointersimageimage 

Slag, was that you that nearly got catapulted to Edinburgh by the dickhead in the Volvo who clearly shat himself wishing he'd bought a car with ABS as he unceremoniously mounted the bank? 

Thanks for coming all, good effort by everyone and I think the "sprinters" little extra group worked quite well with an extra lap around Staples and a sojourn over to Whitedown and back (cheers Coach Bassos for leading that one).

• Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

.I am definitely more of a drag kinda girl image 

• Dustboy wrote (see)

Slag, was that you that nearly got catapulted to Edinburgh by the dickhead in the Volvo who clearly shat himself wishing he'd bought a car with ABS as he unceremoniously mounted the bank? 

The good news for those of us he seemed to take a personal dislike to so intensely is that he locked out his wheels when he braked and based on the burning smell of rubber and the amount of his car he buried in the bushes there's a good chance he'll need new tyres and a wheel balance at the very least image

Maybe next time he'll be in a bit less of a rush image

• Ooohhh, the drama. But it was bloody close!

• Shame I had to miss this image I ended up doing a club ride and did a 50 mile ride with either 3k ft of climbing according to my forerunner or 4k ft of climbing according to other peoples Edge 800's. The club ride finished a fair bit before you guys which is why i had to go with them. Hope to join you on your next outting!

• You will be made welcome. Especially as you appear to like flat rides.