Streatham Running clubs

Hello everyone, 

I've recently moved to Stretham Hill/Common area, and am looking for a local running club, as my previous one is now a bit too far removed from Stretham Hill.

I've read about a club that Starts from Stretham Hill station on Tuesday evenings at 7:30pm.  Does anyone know of any others, I'm hoping to find a club that goes out multiple times a week.  I normall go out on my own and do 5x3km laps of Tooting Bec Common.

That said, if anyone is interested in joining me for that run, please let me know.
Cheers, 

Andrew

Comments

• Hi Andrew,

I live in the same area, I haven't heard of a Streatham running club, I believe the Herne Hill Harriers run on Tooting Bec.

I'd be happy to join you for a run, as I also run solo (my flatmate's good inentions didn't transpire).

Drop me a line if interested.

Mark

• Hi Andrew

Streatham IS Herne Hill Harriers my friend! Our club (yes, you guessed it - I am a member..) very friendly and sociable and caters for all levels.

Home track is Tooting Bec - Tuesdays 7.15 ask for Stan, or Covington Way (off side of Streatham Common south) for hills same time on a Thursday.

You won't regret it - don't fall into the trap of worrying about going to a track either, great club to improve and meet people..image

• Hey thanks for the response Simon.  

I'm a member of the Clapham Chasers at the moment, but no longer live in Battersea, so I'm looking for a direct swap of the sessions.  I'm happy for long runs, intervals and track.  I'll be there tomorrow at 7pm.

Thanks again!

• No Probs - we will happily take an ex chaser on image

I don't train there now, but there are two groups, start out with stan's and see how you go. Costs about £3/4 to get in track though. Geoff and Keith's group are quicker - they alternate Tooting Bec paths and track at the moment. I will email stan a heads up.

Good choice Sir...

• Thanks a lot Simon, much apprecitaed!

Do you know if tonight is track or distance run in the park?

Cheers,

• Well Stan's group are always on the track, Geoff's alternates, but they are also on the track tonight I think.

The long run is the traditional Sunday morning - I think a group goes 10.30am from the track, but ask tonight. I used to enjoy the old Crystal Palace and back one when I lived down there!

• Just as an extra

Stan - stick, Eric Morcambe glasses, hair tied back (in his 70's)

Geoff - smaller, blonde hair, talks alot image (younger)

• That's great Simon, thanks for all the info!

• I think I'm working late tonight, so likely won't be back to Streatham until around 8pm...  But I'll be there thursday!

Thanks again!