Friday 12th October 2012

Morning from a dreich (wet) West of Scotland.

Todays lyrics:You gotta take your time You gotta say what you say

Yesterdays lyrics: Snow Patrol and 'Tell me that you open your eyes.'

What:4.5M Steady in rain

Why: Habit, the running and the rain.

Back later

Brekkie now calling.

Comments

• Morning.

Summer and beaches NZC - you're teasing us! Summer feels like an age ago already, maybe because we didn't get much of one. It's pitch black at this time of morning and getting too dark to manage without a light in the house by about 1700hrs.

OH - could be just that you aren't running anywhere near as often.

What:           rest or 30 minutes easy, should be rest really
    Why:            taper/knee/RHR and glands are up again
    Last hard:     struggling through the taper
    Last rest:      7/10

Lyrics - no. Should know birks lyrics but not doing very well at the moment.

At least it's Friday.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Happy Friday all,
    get well,healing vibes,best wishes and so on to ALeH, Paddy and LmH
    I just hope no-one googles 'baby oil' and 'body glide' and ends up with the website I just got.... image
    Ah yes rain...seen plenty of that the past 2 days
    lyric - think I do

well an unexpected double yesterday: 4.85m along the Thames at lunchtime. Coaching services not required for U11s last night so did the club steady/slow run, another 5.3 miles in ~52 mins.
    Today - nada
    Why - Rest ahead of tomorrows Hampshire League xc
    last hard - trying to get going a second time yesterday
    last rest - aujourd'hui

lovely weekend everyone

• What: Depends what I feel like when I finish work
    Why:Influenza immunisation clinic all day tomorrow, so no chance to get out then
    last hard: 5 miles yesterday evening (I don't know why it was hard.)
    Last rest: Wednesday

lyrics: not a clue

Birkmyre -   You are certainly a creature of habitimage
    (I don't do anything before breakfast)

LMH  - not sure I want to hear thatimage

Welcome EG87image (but you need to post in current day's entryimage)

Dustin "Googling baby oil ..." LOL
    This reminds me of the time our nursing manager googled "single sex", with regard to hospital planning.  Her education was certainly supplemented!!

• Morning!

Anyone else racing tomorrow apart from Dustin?

What: exercise bike, perhaps, plus stretches and upper body work
    Why: these have lapsed rather due to other matters!

Lyrics: no

Good to see you back, EG87...tell us more about your race(s)!

Tom: I guess yesterday's tests were to rule other things out. Now its a waiting game until the next appointment, which I am trying to bring forward so that I can have the Achilles op. Awaiting a phone call or email. Anyway it has given me the chance to read what must now be last week's AW: the endurance issue. A good read, particularly about the 1970s National and International XC...not had AW for years. Do you (or anyone else) get it?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lmh, yes teh mornings are drawing in for sure!

ALehouse I am racing tomorrow, 5 miles xctry.  Should be muddy!

nice one dustin on the double! Good luck tomorrow

what: nothing at all

why: bit washed out today

last hard: riunning with imtermediates last night because the one I was keeping company peeled off home and then I had to up the pace to catch the leaders!

last easy: wednesday

Building my running ever so carefully, its feeling good at the moment and the weight is moving slowly slowly

anyway, have a good weekend all, happy running

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Enjoy the mud, Wabo! My weight is moving slowly, slowly...upwards! And it will probably go up even more when I have the Achilles op: I'm hardly likely to burn many calories for a month or two!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • But you could have an upper body to rival Arnie's Alehouse - especially if you're on crutches for long image

Good news Wabo - both the weight and the running.

OH - my doctors keep pestering me about the flu jab but despite understanding the science I'm not convinced - the one year I did have it I was ill after!

• LMH - Surely Alehouse already has more development than Arnie above the neckimage

• Hiya all.

What: Gym
    Why: Haven't been all week
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Yesterday

Lyrics: Got 'em!

• I think he most probably does OH image

Ok voices of taper reason - I'm planning an hour long easy run tomorrow and either another of the same on Sunday or an hour on the turbo and a 30 minute easy run on Monday having had a rest day today and planning another on Tuesday as I'm at a conference all day - how does that sound?

• Evening

OH: Yeah I sure am a creature of habit.

ale: Used to buy AW and Athletics Toda y(until AT sadly folded back in 1993.) I haven't bought an AW in about 8 years. The last one I bought I think, was the Sub 4 minute mile 50 th Anniversary Edition back in May 2004.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

sorry being absent a few days been busy working and sleeping and getting agitated with other cyclists at 6am when its still dark though had lights they were dressed in black, 3 mornins this week probably the same culprits... Sorry just makes me mad This is on the cycle paths

Deep breaths

Alehouse sorry to hear your delays in your op and everything hope they'll be no more

There's a new parkrun at southend, well shoeburyness inaugural tomorrow thats where i'll be luckily i managed a shift swap tonight image

What: 3 mile cycle, 20 ish minute run and another cycle just under 4 miles
    Why: keeping it easy before tomorrow
    Last Hard: seeing other cyclists
    Lyrics  not today

• Evening!

Smiled at OH's Arnie comment!

Pammie: hope tomorrow is good! I have been at a few "new" parkruns...quite exciting! And yes, some cyclists seem to have a death wish!

Other news: having discussed matters with urology nurse and Achilles consultant, am going to have the Achilles op on 17th (next weds) and the prostate tests the following week. It was generally thought that a few days longer to wait on the prostate front was not a significant risk.

• Good news Alehouse.

Enjoy tomorrow Pamie.

• LMH you prompted me to get out for an easy 3 mile (round Scapa) after work.
    2 layers including Merino on top, Gore long bottoms for first time this year

Alehouse - seems good advice. Hope all goes well

• Evening folksies.
    Some definite signs of winter coming through in the training reports today. Looking at the weather maps I see that northern Scotland is having that weather we had in the South a couple of days ago (my kit is still wet).

Swim tonight, 64 lengths (1 mile) in pb time of 43 mins. Well, I was short of time so was prepared to give it a bit of welly, and there was one lad who chose to start each length shortly after me. I could manage to get a few metres break, but no distance. 10 lengths and I was becoming unreasonably annoyed. So I let him ahead so I could get a tow and nearly swam straight up his trunks. Eventually I got my own lane for mental solitude and focus.

Whinjuries are starting to show up, nothing of note, just a bit of massage or rest. They will be placed into the "ignore" box.

Tomorrow I've decided to cycle solo, so I can be home for 11. It looks like it could be chilly. By the way, have a guess what part of the body Assos cream is for.

• Blisters - that's one reason I hate lane swimmingimage
    Oh for the open sea ...image