Leicester Marathon - Drink Stations

I'm taking part in the full marathon this year (did the Robin Hood last year) and I'm a bit concerned about the drinks being handed out in cups. Has anyone found this a problem in the past getting enough hydration? I'm used to bottles which is far more convenient and am not keen on a bottle belt, nor have I trained with one.

Any advice please?

Comments

• How much water do you need ? I doubt it's going to be hot - drink too much and you'll need to stop for the toilet.

If you do need to drink - I'd walk when you drink - I find it's best - otherwise you choke and that slows you more.
  • I've trained with about 500ml sports drink per 10 miles up to 22. I'm sure the drink situation will be adequate, perhaps I'm worrying unduly, but just wanted to be prepared for the day in case other people's experiences would advise carrying my own drinks.

I've trained well and am hoping for a PB so want to give myself the best ppossible chance!

• I'm slow will be at the back, but plan on taking 500ml of water around in case anything goes badly wrong and I miss two stations in a row or something. Paranoid, and don't want any excuse to fail, so will have my own backup.
  • If its cups of drink...squeeze the top to shape and it won't spill as much
  • Useful tip image thanks.
  • Well I didn't really need my water i took with me.  I had a few sips to help my jelly babies go does near the end. image  Cups were fine, at a lot of the stations people were giving out the advice of shaping them.

I walked with the cups of water, when i did try drinking whilst running it just went everywhere.  I grabbed two cups at each station, and drunk some spilled some. More then enough image I also have a nice collection of gels now image so I can actually try them out on a future LSR