Wednesday 17th October 2012

Morning!

Lyrics: I saw her today, I saw her face.
It was a face I loved and I knew...

Hope these are topical: I may well be subjected to these later this morning!

Tom:  good to hear you are still alive! Just a thought, but I have arthritis in my big toes and this is now rarely painful since Qof P worked on them by aggressively (I thought rather too aggressively at the time!) pulling the toe to try to separate the joints which were calsifying together a scan had shown. Hope that makes sense to the medics amongst us (and I know one was involved with the lyrics over the weekend!)

RunWales:no, not too long in the Alehouse (although today's lyrics are inspired by hearing them in an Alehouse at the weekend). More like too long on the forum: my "runner in a previous life" comment was referring to a thread that you had started requesting a result from the mid-80s. Hope you find both the result and a return to that sort of form!

What: Achilles op
Why: its about time!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Mornig

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Kings of Leon and Revelry'

What:4.5M Steady.

Why: I like getting out.Cold, dry, no wind. Okay run.

Catch up soon over coffee/toast.

ale: All  the best today.

• Welcomes to Adam and RW.

• Morning.

Hope today is the beginning of your return Alehouse. Let us know how things went when you can won't you?

Tom - I get a rigid big toe joint which is usually a precursor to a spring ligament injury if I don't loosen it up again.

birks - wet and windy here.

Blisters - hope it's nothing serious - can you have a week focused on whichever sport doesn't aggravate it or do they all?

What:            30 mins easy run
    Why:             tapering
    Last hard:      keeping the weight off whilst tapering
    Last rest:       16/10

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all, thanks for the warm welcome.

No idea with the lyrics today... Back to normal!

Blisters - I'll try and think of something that's less of a mouthful image

Gonna do an easy paced 5 miler after work with my girlfriend.
  • Morning all!

What: rest

Why: need to get some work done for Appraisal

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Monday

lyrics: no

Frosty morning here.

Alehouse thinking of you today

Like the retail therapy preop!
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Alehouse - best of luck today.

Lyrics - yes...another one from the archives!

Back later.
  • What: Gym later. Have been avoiding the treadmill and just doing 20 mins on cross trainer followed by two laps of the weight machines and lunges. 
    Why: I'm trying really hard to go at least twice a week. Did manage it yesterday after work in the end.
    Last hard: Sunday.
    Last rest: Thursday.

Lyrics: Yes!

Fingers crossed the op goes well alehouse. Hi Adam and RW.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

bonjour & welcome Adam..
    ale- good luck
    RW - you need to work on the 'eating choc while running' for your next raceimage
    Missed club session yesterday (youngest opted to go swim training instead, which plays havoc with my taxiing...) so instead ran alone. Schedule said pyramids but opted for longer reps - roughly timed - instead. A glorified fartlek if you will. Bursts of 2-3 minutes with 1-2 minutes rest. 9.1 miles covered in 67:52. Given first and last mile were at easy pace, mustve averaged somewhere close to 7m/miles in the middle. So fairly happy.
    Today - 5 easy
    Why - recovery

lyric - simples!

• Morning!

What: Rest, I think.

Why: tapering

Last hard: club night last night.

Last rest: Sunday

Lyrics...  easy for someone who's been running as long as I have image  Good luck alehouse.

• Hi to Adam.

Hope all goes well for alehouse today.

LMH: next goal is to tackle the distance I hate so much: the 10k image. Have signed up for a series of 5 winter races, slightly offroady and muddy so I have an excuse if I continue to be crap image.

what: perhaps a short bimble tonight
    why: wet 'n windy this morning
    last hard: 7/10
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yep, I'm old enough to know them image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

lyrics oh yes yes I do, love it!

welcome adam and rw!

yes alehouse, good luck with the op

what: physio about a shoulder pain and mayeb a run after

why: shoulder doesnt really affect running too much

last hard: sat

last easy: plod last night

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Back again.......

Alehouse...hope the op went OK....now about that game of 5-a-side you're signed up for

LMH...are you getting into the Abbo groove yet?

RunWales...based on your other posts, it seems you have a bit of previous in this running lark

Dustin: very impressive session

Wabo...enjoy the physio...I have an appointment tomorrow where I will be complaining about the needles and pins in my foot (oops!)

Tom: I described my yesterday club session as a bit scratchy. Today's run suggested that it was a bit more demanding than I thought......6+ miles at 8:45 pace.....track session tomorrow!
  • Hope physio went well Wabo.

I'm in the mindset Tom but not sure that the body is ready. The smt spent the entire 45 minutes this afternoon working on my right side trying to correct the damage I did when I fell off the bike a few weeks ago. It will either be ok for 26.2 miles or it won't - I shall find out on Sunday.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening! Op done and dusted. Can't quite get comfortable but that is to be expected! Got pins and needles in my toes! I guess it will be a few weeks before we know if it has done the trick! Tom: 5 a side is provisionally booked for Easter.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi gang.
    Lyrics, yes, 

Alehouse.
    I'm glad that you feel this good already. Those portents sound very promising.

Swimming. Started as the 3rd fastest out of 3 in the fast lane. Got overtaken just too easily by these streamlined torpedoes, so ducked in to medium/slow. Tried to get the rotational swing going and a full reach, but it was hit and miss. 3rd stroke breathing had only lasted for two lengths. As I got to within single figures of target distance I upped the stroke rate as a chap had been drafting me and I wanted to make clear water. Nailed the final two lengths. 64 done inside 44 minutes. Consistent.
    Here's hoping for something a bit more run or bike orientated tomorrow.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics - YES for once

Adam - welcome, nice ink work from the looks of it

Ale, lets hope it has worked for you, wishing you a speedy recovery

What - 10.11m at Club
    Why - Club run in the rain
    Last Hard - Sunday
    last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

• hmm, yes, well, was reading back, and seemed I posted on Tuesday's thread. You could say I was tired, or something like that.  Oh well.  Go well all.