Salomon Fellcross vs XT S-LAB 5 Softground

hi ,im looking for some new trail trainers iv got a pair of saucony knvara trail already but looking for a second pair for ehen theses are wet ,

i cant make up my mind between these 2

i do a lot of off road muudy hill runnng + lots of 10k trail races , has anyone got any of these salomons

or has any input , thanks

Comments

• As soon as you mention muddy hill running and 10k trail races the fellcross wins hands down, the Slabs more of an ultra shoe so doesn`t feel anything like as nimble over the sort of distances you have in mind...

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Fellcross. I've two pairs of these as the first pair (used exactly one year ago) were so good. The 2nd are so far untouched and the first pair are just about to go for a run. The main difference I notice between Fellcross and trail shoes is Fellcross grip through mud the way normal trail shoes fill the tread and slide about.

🙂

• thanks for your replys image

yeah i hadread somwhere that fell cross wernt so good on wet rock and tarmac , but to be honest its not that often i run on those surfaces anyhow ,

thinkk im gunna go for the fellcross

• raw_ed wrote (see)

Great, but what about X-Talon 212`s or the mighty Oroc 280`s... image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I avoid running on hard flat surfaces with these shoes if I can. The main reason is that with such tiny contact points on the tread, not only is there a lack of grip, but the level of wear; from dry roads, can be quite severe. As a result, I only use these shoes in wet conditions, especially when training. 

🙂

•  

Roland McCartney wrote (see)

raw_ed wrote (see)

raw_ed wrote (see)

raw_ed wrote (see)

raw_ed wrote (see)

aha yeeah there too much bloody choice iv had roclite 285's and mudclaws in the past

but i found the mud claws fell apart quickly

i treid a pair of x-talon 212's on in up and running had a little run on the tredmill  with them , really ilked them and nearly bought them

then someone reccomended the slab 5's , spoilt fo choise is the trouble

iv not seen those oroc 280's they look wicked , dam its between these and the fellcross now , ....

• just seen the innov8 bare-grip 200 now aswell hehe

• Don`t forget the VJ Irocks....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrRYqVpKlu-4lTptSUBudDKxTf7vppNlHC1peERaQKRSYQcyT6gw

•  

thanks, think weve got every area cover now , i hope its still betwenn the orac 280's and the fellcross for me

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/uploads/images_products_large/43850.jpg

although im tempted to get some of these aswell , they would be awesome for hill spints in the winter , no mid sole and only 200 gramms in weight

•  

right iv decided to go for the fellcross , a quick headsup to anyone whos looking to but some new running gear Wiggle have got a promotion on , 10OFF code to when you spend £100 or 20OFF for 20% if you spend £200 

i spent 200 on a few bit

the fellcross have just dropped in price at wiggle 2nite (priced at £91)

and i got 20% off so got them for 70-75 odd quid , bargin considering there £116-130

else where

offer ends at 2pm tomor btw

• Fab news Ed, enjoy your new shoes...