im thinking of trying out for the olmpics

im 14 and i can run 5k in 22 mins and 10 k in 46 mins and 1 km in 3-4 km and i wont to try for the olmpics but i dont think im fast anouth so i dont no if to i train 5 times a week

Comments

• Good stuff, but don't neglect your education Jordan. Being able to communicate effectively can be an asset for a top Olympic star.

• yh im still focusing in school but inm really into my running

• i am but im a dislecsic so im not all good on my spelling

• Well done for forward thinking Jordan ... never mind the comments made

the best thing you can do is get to an athletics club and speak to some of the coaches there, they will be best placed to help you realise any potential you might have

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Jordan, check out the classic Mike Rushton thread to give you an idea on things...

• thanks guys u do u have any tips on how to get faster and is it training

• Stevie G . wrote (see)

Jordan, check out the classic Mike Rushton thread to give you an idea on things...

Jordan get yourself down to a running club, you have youth on your side so just keep motivated and keep training and see where that takes you. 

Look up Jake and Zane Robertson, thats the type of dedication needed to make it to the Olympics.

I only wish I could roll back time and start at 14. image 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    mike rushton wrote (see)
    I only wish I could roll back time and start at 14. image 

Chin up mate, 18 isn't exactly old!

• Hey Jordan. Some good advice above. A good athletics club that gives strong support to young athletes should be your top (sporting) priority. Your PE teacher may or may not be able to help you find one but you can certainly ask around on this forum if people can recommend a club near you.

The second thing to think about is having more near term goals. Even if you are super-talented and ultra dedicated, you wont make a track place for the next Olympics, so already you must be thinking about a goal which is almosy 8 years away.

That's a long time to go without fulfilment. So shorter term or interim goals are very necessary to maintain motivation and show progress. If you train 5x a week (under skilled coaching guidance) in the next year, likely you'll be the fastest kid in the school and you can be running 5k times in under 17 minutes. Good luck.

•  

Also just a question about dyslexia from me cos I'm curious. Is it easier to type on a keyboard than write, or is it not affected by that at all?

its alot easyer on a keyboard then writing it down and thanks for the advise guys