Thursday 18th October

Lyrics: And once you're gone you can't come back

Morning. I only start threads if I can't sleep; battling a cold and find it difficult to snooze with a blocked nose. The only time I felt okay all day yesterday was during a 6M jog.

Alehouse: hope the op was a success and you're on the way back. It's been too long.

Entered the Cambridge Half for March next year.

Comments

• Morning

ale; Hope operation went well

Lyrics: Think so.

Need to catch up.

• Morning all, haven't a clue with the lyrics image

Probably gonna have a rest day today, maybe do boring chores that I've neglected instead...

Hope you're feeling alright alehouse

Cheers RFJ still got a fair few hours before its all finished image
  • Morning.

Alehouse - day one on the road back to running! Hope it's a short one.

Stickless - I'm doing extra hours at work at the moment and feeling it.

Blisters - continued swim improvement there. Hope you get your run or ride in today. How is the PITA?

Talking of which - where are you Paddy?

What:           short, easy swim
    Why:            smt said to
    Last hard:    not swearing or crying whilst smt worked
    Last rest:     16/10

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were needles and pins, The Searchers.

Not the greatest of nights here, either, which is hardly surprising. Just can't get into a comfy position with one leg elevated.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    AleH - glad it went well. I know that feeling about sleeping: had similar prob when my ankle was op-ed 2 yrs ago, especially if you dont normally sleep on your back. But rest well and you'll soon be back in the groove.
    LmH - good luck for Sunday, no pressure really after recent problems, so just enjoy it.
    Blisters - good work in the pool. Time to ditch the rubber ring yet? 

What - either 6 tempo at lunchtime or steady club run tonight. Hopefully the former so I can get back to coaching the U11s tonight. some easy hills with first of the (junior) xc races this weekend.
    Lyric - sound very familiar, will continue to ponder

• What: Homerun.
    Why: Gets me home. Also getting ready for Cabbage Patch 10 on Sunday.
    Last hard: Sunday.
    Last rest: Resting tomorrow.

Lyrics: Nope. alehouse hope you got some sleep. Good luck on Sunday LMH.

• Morning!

GWS alehouse.

What - 4 miles at marathon pace

Why - that's what my programme tells me to do, and I'm a good boy.

Last hard (ish) - Tuesday

Last rest - Wednesday.

Lyrics - No

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

blisters thats some swimming!

alehouse as everyone says day 1 on the road back, nice one.

Oh my the physio.... He is about 6' 5", and when he sticks his elbow into your shoulder blade!!!! It was excrutiating, he asked was I being brave..... So I yelped a  bit, didnt want him thinking it didnt hurt! Good news, muscular problem and a trapped or impinged nerve.  I am relieved because I have had this niggle for 3 months now and although not terrible it isnt going either!

What: club run later

why: I want to

last hard: physio's elbow!

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all, rest well alehouse

lyrics, no

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • LMH - Are you saying I'm a pain in the arse??

No training here. Hopefully swimming next week.

Ale - We hope its the start of the road back!!

• LOL, wabo image. My London KoP had ways with his elbow and my butt. Ouch image

GGG: too bad I'm no longer in London. Would have liked a home run from Canary Wharf to Stratford ...

ale: glad the op went ok. Let's all cross fingers that it did the trick.

what: lie in and no running before work. Will run tonight.
    why: I'm lazy image
    last hard: 7/10
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: no

• What: run with JS group this evening
    Why: It's Thursday
    Last Hard: Last Thursday's run was hard. hoping tonight will be better.
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

Alehouse - hopefully things will start improving from now on although it's often difficult to look ahead

Paddy/LMH difficult to take it any other wayimage

• Hi

Paddy, if the cap fits...

My own PITA was right cheek, and a whinge rather than anything else, as was the buzz in the left calf. On the basis that I have done effectively the sum total of bugger all running recently I thought it was time to put that to rights with a nice long run. Emphasis on the nice bit. My usual long run, gives me something like a 5 mile bail out at various points, so I could make decisions as I went. Plan A was 16 miles, plan B the full 21.6.
    It took a while to settle into the run for some reason, usually I'm flowing nicely by mile 5, but I found myself counting them off. By about 10 I was moving nicely and quite happy. We'll do the whole thing then. By 16 I was still OK, a few different aches from those I was expecting. I checked my watch on the next bit: at 18.75 miles I hit The Wall with a thump. Both calves tightened and a black cloud hung over my head. The rest of the route was uphill. Dig digga dig, make sure that 20 appears on the watch and bail out. A total of 20.75 miles bagged.

5 minutes in a fresh cold bath was mandatory. Not pleasant, but necessary.

My excuse for doing this on a Thursday, is because I can. I've got a night shift tonight. Next on my list is some sleep. Just as soon as I've done the shopping.

• Paddy - as Blister's so eloquently put it image

Blisters - isn't that a huge increase in distance? You're mad! Hope it helped you get some sleep. I'm mostly glad that I don't work shifts anymore.

chickadee - you're not lazy, you're recovering.

A slow mile in the pool for me on the way home from work which has helped to ease some niggles caused by the smt.

• I can never get a cap to fit properly.

• Afternoon

What 6.3 commute
    Why last taper miles before Sunday.
    Lyrics no

From now on its purely mental preperation.

What number are you LMH and where will you be hanging out before thre start as I'll try and find you if theres time. May be going to the Boundary House after.

• I think it's 579 postie - how about you? Will probably be shivering in or around the grandstand until the off with Mark (husband) and Rich K.  Won't be able to hang around afterwards as Mark will be fed up and want to head home.

• Alehouse - got my fingers crossed for you, hope it does the trick!

Me - haven't run for over a week - 'flu - think I might try something this morning.

• Evening

Okay catch up time again for me.

• apologies on the lyrics, I thought they were better known. i won't spoil until tomorrow.

• Hope you're soon better NZC.

Nothing to apologise for 7d.

• 774 LMH will try and find you before the off.

• NZC: Like LMH said:Get better soon

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics: I'm a fan of the artist, but I did have to google them

Christine: Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you're on top of it now.

Me..me..me (oops sorry!). Club night...track training (first time for five and a half years!). God, it was hard - 8x600m hanging on, rather unsuccessfully, to the sub 42min brigade once again. Not really making much impression, but I'll get there eventually. Easily the hardest session I've done on this comeback ....but I'm feeling pretty chuffed at having got through it.

Definately a recovery run tomorrow.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

sorry been awol a while busy with work a perk for all employees of the company i work for so we had staff from other stores buying so while its been good we've been busy

so just short runs this week

LMH all the best for Sunday. Say Hi to Rich K from me

Postie best of luck to you as well

Alehouse hope it gets easier for you now and all the best for the recovery