Tell me......

All the threads on here are crap and boring.

So let's talk about you.

I'll get some drinks and you can tell me all about what you've been up to today. The more detail the better.....

Comments

• I washed a dead body this morning. Patient had died in the night. When i rolled him towards me, so we could get a fresh sheet under him, he vomited all the held bile contents over my apron and my shoes.

I had another patient, he had explosive diarrhoea. Every time, we cleaned him up, he kept going again. Went through about two packs of wipes. Three sheets.

The others were quite calm, but needed to give some stats to a guy who was dying and terminally adgitated.

Came home, tried to teach my son, the 4 x table, and then cooked dinner.

That was my day...

• My day was really interesting!  You'll love to hear about it.

Woke up to a cold house, forgot to have breakfast and found myself at work early.  Got a lovely phone call from a friend who asked me whether I worked in a school as he thought he could hear children screaming in the background.  I had to confess that they were my colleagues and actually they were quite well behaved at the moment.

Turned my laptop on.  It decided to install updates and then attempted to reboot, except it came up with a blank screen with just a mouse cursor on it.  So I spent the rest of the day being IT support under guidance from a mad Frenchman who seemed to think that I was a complete computer numpty who couldn't tell the difference between a power lead and a network cable.  He even described to me where F12 was on the keyboard.

Spent the afternoon doging the germs being spread around by my colleagues who were coughing and spluttering all over the place.  By the end of the day three out of eight of them had gone home as the First Aider pointed out that she wasn't sure what to do in the case of death at work, so could they please die elsewhere.  One particuarly ill individual refused to go home so we locked him in the meeting room where we didn't have to hear the death rattle.

There was also a 65th birthday today, so the canteen was filled with chocolates and photos of him as a youngster.  There was one picture of him aged about 30 in speedos which several of the girls found quite offensive, so it was covered up with a post it note.  I thought this made it look like he had nothing on at all, which was more offensive than the speedos

Then I came home and cooked dinner while fighting with various utility and insurance companies on the internet

• Ghostrider wrote (see)

I washed a dead body this morning. Patient had died in the night. When i rolled him towards me, so we could get a fresh sheet under him, he vomited all the held bile contents over my apron and my shoes.

I had another patient, he had explosive diarrhoea. Every time, we cleaned him up, he kept going again. Went through about two packs of wipes. Three sheets.

The others were quite calm, but needed to give some stats to a guy who was dying and terminally adgitated.

That was my day...

Exactly the same as mine image

• I bought a school scarf today for one of my kids. A fiver instead of £13.95.

I know you'll be able to sleep easier in your bed knowing this.

And I didn't clean out the fish tank because I thought I needed to save some excitement for tomorrow......

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Thanks for asking *saddles up with a glass*.

Today has been a mixed bag if im honest. I had several calls with clients and was expecting the worse, but it turned it to be great! We chatted about Amsterdam this weekend and running PB's and "when will I do an ironman?"... That was great.

Then I treated my colleagues to lunch on company expenses. We have new members and no one feels really included at the moment.

Then came this afternoon. I'm very good at my job, I get on well with clients and have solid feedback that they approve of my projects and how I get things done.... So battling with the higher bosses is a right pain the arse to get the basics in place is frustrating,

My entire team is demotivated and I know for a fact are looking for another job. Everytime I lose a member of staff, I'm put back 2 months in bringing them up to speed.... So hearing that "there's no time/budget" for training really gets on my nerves. People need taking care of too. So I spent 2 hours putting together a proposal that will get thrown out anyway.

Then I spent 90mins in traffic on the way home because people can't drive....

How about you?
  • I had to speak to the vicar four times. Hence the need for communion in this wine glass in front of me. For "bread" I'm using biscuits image

• Speaking to vicar 4 times sounds intriguing
  • It wasn't Goji!

He's mithering because he can't use PowerPoint and Miss LB is a whizz at it image
  • Packed car with sprog 3s stuff

Sat in a health centre car park in Crewe for 3 hours

Drove to London, unpacked car into sprogs new flat

Now sat on an apartment balcony overlooking Tower Bridge with a beer
  • Have you been to the rooftop bar at the doubletree In Pepys St? It's an amazing view.

I went to work, the day passed in a blur, I went straight to our running group and then came home to a curry and a couple of beers. Groundhog day
  • Oh I see LB.. You must have a lot of patience

I spent the day on interview panel. Exhausting, not as much as for the candidates though.
  • Yesterday - took kids to school, 4yo went on his scooter for the first time which was very exiting. Must have taken half the time it normally takes to drag him down the road.

Work from home on Thursday a spent most of the day updating project financials, which is a very slow process over vpn, so plenty of time to waste whilst waiting for the sheets to update. Saw a very funny YouTube clip of a German guy 'bombing' into a frozen pond except the ice was solid so he bruised his bottom. 'argh mein arse!' he yelped.

Incorporated an error into the financials which I couldn't find so at 5.30 I emailed the PM to say I had to pick kids up and would finish it later.

From 6 to 8 is frantic dinner/bath/bedtime routine then logged back on. Fortunately PM had found the error and fixed so when Ms D arrived home at 9 we were able to sample a bit of homebrew cider an discuss final wedding arrangements.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

Jesus, surely even God would doze off with a Powerpoint presentation.

You've clearly not seen my powerpoint presentationimage

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I teach people how to make GOOD Powerpoint presentations image (that's what I was doing Wednesday, not yesterday).

Today I'm teaching people how to use Excel.

• image Today I'm going what I do every day try to take over the world with my hobbit sized partner in crime friend called brain. We are presently working on ways to brainwash everyone by eating the right sort of food. image 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Yesterday : Created lights in the heavens for signs and for seasons; a light to rule the day and a light to rule the night.

Today: Creating every living creature in the seas, and the birds.

Can't wait for Sunday, really need a rest.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gertie wrote (see)

Yesterday : Created lights in the heavens for signs and for seasons; a light to rule the day and a light to rule the night.

Today: Creating every living creature in the seas, and the birds.

Can't wait for Sunday, really need a rest.

imageimageimage

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Ghostrider wrote (see)

I washed a dead body this morning. Patient had died in the night. When i rolled him towards me, so we could get a fresh sheet under him, he vomited all the held bile contents over my apron and my shoes.

That was my day...

Exactly the same as mine image

If your day was the same as mine, that is scary..whats your job? Or do i already know the answer

• 4 x tables! wait till you get to 7s