Saturday 20th October 2012

Morning

What no thread yet ?

Todays lyrics: We''ll be singing, when we're winning.

Yesterdays lyrics: Layla by Eric Clapton.

Lovely autumnal morning up here. Dry, lots of colour, no wind.

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

I was up early but in the rush to enter Brass Monkey didn't get round to starting the thread before heading off to do the weekly shop before it became unbearably busy.

Good luck to postie and GGG - anyone else racing this weekend?

What:            nothing
    Why:             Abingdon tomorrow
    Last hard:     doing nothing on a weekend morning
    Last rest:      16/10

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning! Was going to start the thread but found it impossible from the phone.

Did you get into BM, LMH?

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I did Alehouse - though the site crashed a few times on the way!

• Morning all

Good luck to all those racing this weekend, I've just got back from my first Parkrun, not sure of the time yet, but enjoyed it image

Lyrics... I think I know, but not certain...
  • Mornng adam and ale

adam: glad you ennjoyed your 1st Parkrun.

• Well done AR6! The parkruns are great as they are so relaxed: more smiles per mile than other races! Which one did you do?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all! Lyrics yep! Brass Monkey looks great.

What: A very misty Richmond parkrun.
    Why: Always try and go if I haven't had a late night. Also had a newbie with me, a convert from Thursday's Home Run.
    Last hard: Monday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

• Went to the Ipswich one alehouse, 24 mins 40, know I can do faster, but got a time to beat now so still happy.

Was good fun, and very friendly image
  • What: 0.5 mile (OW) swim folloowed by 7.55 mile run
    Why: It's Saturday
    Last Hard: Today
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: No

Have to confess I looked and found no thread at 9am but was too shy to start it off image
    Torrential rain through the night but bright and sunny this morning.
    Lovely swim by the 3rd Churchill Barrier followed by 7.5 mile run around Burray. Running with a friend of similar pace but I think we were both pushing each other on.image

Well done to the Park runners Adam and GGG
    Run well and enjoy tomorrow LMH

• OH - you are mad.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Will be leaving shortly.

Stickless and Alehouse - there will be  a few miles tomorrow where I shall be relying on you guys to get me round - don't let me down eh? image

• best of luck tomorrow, LMH & postie - be strong!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Hello everybody

LMH: good luck for tomorrow - hope all goes well.

Birkmyre: Missed the lyrics to Layla...my favourite part of the song is the sublime piano solo at the end of the extended version. Like most bedroom guitarists I can just about manage the famous riff. Todays lyrics spotted instantly, to be fair that song isn't representitive of their output.

3Gs: hope you enjoyed your Parkrun this morning.

Still feeling pretty battered after Thursdays session. Did the club run this morning but was tailed off the back. The first 8M was just about OK as a couple dropped back to keep me company. I was determined to get to 14M so I snuck off on my own as I didn't want to be a burden....the Captain Oates syndrome. Time on feet and all that.

Have a good day y'all.
  • LMH Why?!
    Tom I've done the Captain Oates syndrome a few timesimage

• Tom: what is the age/gender profile of the group you run with? Not surprised you struggled today after Thursday's track? Not that I can remember what a track is.

OH: I take it LMH was referring to the swim! What do you wear?
  • Alehouse - just the necessary (Speedos) image
    ... and knew quite well LMH was referring to the swim. We've had this discussion before! She doesn't know what she's missingimage

How's the ankle today?

• OH: tender! Getting the hang of using the crutches (mustn't speak too soon!)!trying to keep leg elevated most of the time plus a few gentle stretches using theraband. And when I'm not twiddling my thumbs I'm twiddling my toes! Trying to be good: I have even turned down a lift to a hostelry in HM tomorrow evening!
  • I have been an idiot and forgotten my ventolin. - postie, if you reading - don't suppose you have or know anyone with one?
  • In-Store Pharmacy Tesco Superstores, Marcham Road
    Tel: 01235 550332

Open: Mon to Sat 9:00 - 20:00, Sun 10:00 - 16:00

Should be able to issue you with emergency prescription if you say you are asthmatic and have forgotten your ventolin

• Txt from LMH that she has managed to get Ventolin on private prescription ("an expensive mistake"). Asked me to let you guys know.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Good luck LMH and Postie let us know how you get on.
    Hello Adam yes parkrun's are great aren't they?
    Ale
    how are you feeling?

What: nothing
    Why: aching a lot from Thursday
    Last hard: thursday
    Lyrics: yes image

Forests here are beautiful at the moment 23 C as well so even more beautiful!

anyone else racing tomorrow?

Have a good one

• Evening

Tom: I just like todays song mate. Got an Eric Clapton CD earlier in week so thats why Layla got chosen yesterday. Think he's a great guitarist.

OH: Don't be shy about starting the thread.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

well done to the parkrunners

Another one here number 168 done... 4th at Andover in 19:25, realy muddy today so happy, Jnr was in his usual 1st place....

Some other miles and x training logged

Lyrics yes....

• RFJ: Well dones to you and Jnr today.

• Indeed, well done RFJ and son!

Emzap: feeling a bit battered and bruised, which is to be expected. Am a bit concerned that things are a bit inflamed and hot. This may be normal but will try and see one of my GP friends tomorrow.

And talking of tomorrow, looking forward to the Abo reports!
  • Good evening!

Lyrics... yes

What...  Beautiful early morning run along the river, and through the woods - with all those autumn colours.  9.5 miles largely gentle, but with some faster 4x600m repeats thrown in.

Why  -  last significant run before next week's maiden marathon.

Last hard... well, today had some hard bits in those repeats.

Last rest...  unfortunately Wed-Fri.  One day longer than I'd planned.

• Good luck the Little Miss Happy and Postie and any other running Abingdon.

alehouse - hope everything is o'kay.

Tom - you are going really well with your running, great progress.

RFJ - great runs from you and your son.

What: No run

Why: Still not well

We had the the last event of the world tri champs this weekend. The women raced in good conditions, bit miserable here today, (now Sunday my time). The age-groupers race Monday. Our main business area has been shut down for these events. Great TV coverage. Husband, daughter and gdaughters went to watch. I watched with my son from the comfort of the couch!

• Sounds like you are on the top of your game Run Wales - hope the marathon goes well for you.

• I missed this yesterday but if the lyrics are what I think they are, the guitarist of this band is a pretty decent fell runner, at least he beat the pants off me a few weeks ago!