Members Of The Public Yelling At Runners!!!?

2»

Comments

• turned my ankle once and was limping home with a big old swollen one (ankle that is), and white van man drove past shouting 'run you fat c@nt' - Oh how I laughed at his rare earthy sense of humour through my pain

• If they start shouting at you as you run, then use this little technique to scare the poo out of them.

Stop running and march straight up to the ringleader.

Stare manically at him/her for 20 seconds then say "Start running, as my probation officer and psychiatrist have said that I have to count to 10 whenever I get the urge to pull out my knife and stab someone again." image

Follow this by another 10 seconds of menacing staring straight at the ringleader.

Chances are that they will think you are a complete psychopath and a nutter, and will scarper, leaving you to enjoy your run. image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I like that idea Rickster!
  • Get yourself an ankle bracelet that looks like an electronic tag to add to the effect.

• I sometimes run wearing a gasmask and have had other runners try to engage me in conversation on a run....I mean....really!

• Seems members of the public are dangerous (throwing things etc) not just abusive - never mind the ankle bracelet or gas mask, I'm going to run in one of them suit of armour things that knights wore. Wonder if they still sell them at Sweatshop?

• stoshus wrote (see)

Seems members of the public are dangerous (throwing things etc) not just abusive - never mind the ankle bracelet or gas mask, I'm going to run in one of them suit of armour things that knights wore. Wonder if they still sell them at Sweatshop?

A Lionel Ricie fan eh? "Running with the knight..." image