Runner or Jogger

2»

Comments

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

My Dad pee'd me off the other day.  I got a PB on a half (1:50:17), and I consider that I "ran" it, even though I know it's slow compared with many people.  All he was interested in was where I came in relation to everyone else (he was particularly concerned to make sure I hadn't come last in my Club).  I tried to explain it was irrelevant (to me), but quickly gave up. 

I also told him I'd been off the beer for 7 weeks, and his natural reaction was to question why I was doing that, as he thought alcohol was good for you image  I think he just likes to argue.

At the age of 36, why I am interested in what he thinks about running (he has never been a runner) is potentially another matter for debate...

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Sofaboy wrote (see)

very unrealistic. there should be a lot less pie left than that.

To be fair, you've got the word "yet" in there, so it's clearly a work in progress.

Speaking of lemon curd, these are bloody lovely...

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/176%5C5036589204176%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Probably not a well thought out classification although would be interesting to see the final finishing places of people compared to where they start.

I use sportstracks to keep track of my runs and the pace chart plots a line between running and jogging. I think it assumes anything under 6mins per km is running (I am not sure if this line moves depending on age and gender).

• Big_G wrote (see)

My Dad pee'd me off the other day.  I got a PB on a half (1:50:17), and I consider that I "ran" it, even though I know it's slow compared with many people.  All he was interested in was where I came in relation to everyone else (he was particularly concerned to make sure I hadn't come last in my Club).  I tried to explain it was irrelevant (to me), but quickly gave up.

That's pretty crap. His attitude I mean, not your time! My dad's always really chuffed when I finish a race and makes a big deal out of it even though my own marathon PB is over an hour slower than his. I think he just likes the fact that I'm running now that he doesn't do so much of it any more. And yes, I usually come last out of all my clubmates. And no, it doesn't bother me either. image

• Sofaboy wrote (see)
    stuff deleted for brevity.

for example:

imagine myself and Mo Farah are going for a 'run' together. he's a mate and he's invited me for a gentle jog on one of his slow days, because he's nice like that. he sets off at 40 minute 10km pace, thinking he's taking it nice and easy. meanwhile i'm busting a gut to keep up and am in no way considering myself to be jogging.

I always thought Mo Farah looked a nice guy.

But it seems he's a bit thoughtless... just like so many of today's celebrities