Cabbage Patch 10 2012

Just wondering why this year's race isn't listed? Was great (as ever I guess, though only run it twice)

Comments

• I could only find reviews for previous years. But agree, great race, well organised and nice and flat. Got a PB (but not hard given it was my first 10 miler!)
  • I was surprised it's not as well. Does anyone know if we're getting a chip time? My first time doing this fantastic race.

• The cabbage patch is gun to chip timing, so the time that is on the sport systems website is your time.
  • It depends on the race organiser putting the event on Runnersworld.  There are advantages if you intend to use their online entry system but since they hide it from none subscribers if you don't, often there isn't much point.

• RW charge both organisers and entrance a percentage of the entry fee for using their online system.  The organisers might have decided it wasn't worth it.  It is a pity there is no basic list of events, such as you find at the back of the magazine

• Thanks for the info Pete the Plod.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Bear B.Hind wrote (see)

RW charge both organisers and entrance a percentage of the entry fee for using their online system.  The organisers might have decided it wasn't worth it.  It is a pity there is no basic list of events, such as you find at the back of the magazine

It's possible to create an event without using RW's online entry system, in which case there's no charge.  Even if the search result comes up as "subscriber content only" at least people are made aware of the race's existence.  From what I recall, the full listing becomes available closer to the date of the race, including details of how to enter, externally to the RW site.  (For example, Kent AC's Sidcup 10, March 10th next year!  image )  But it's up to the organiser to add an event, rather than RW to provide a comprehensive list.  Perhaps the organisers of the Cabbage Patch 10 don't feel the need to publicise it any further than it is already.  1,500+ finishers is quite an impressive field.  Great race, definitely considering coming back next year.

• It was sold out so I guess they have all the publicity they need...

My favourite race (not that I've done so manyimage
  • JjJj ✭✭✭

Loved it, too - friendly, well-supported race and soooooooooo flat! Definitely will return next year, as will several chums from my running club, it seems. image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

did wonder where the thread was. But not for long, one of those big reputation races that doesn't need to advertise much clearly.