Todays lyrics: 'Tonights the night, night. Lets live it up.'

Yesterdays lyrics: Tears For Fears and 'Everybody wants to rule the world.'

What:4.5M Steady.

Why: I enjoy it.

Right coffee and catch up ,

Back later.

Comments

• Morning.

postie - you've helped me to be sensible, thank you. Was getting twitchy and thinking of going for a swim or even a little run today - after all I've managed a whole two days of rest - but there was a good reason to take the four days so I will contain myself.

What:                 nothing but smt
    Why:                  recovery
    Last hard:          21/10
    Last rest:           23/10

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning, lyrics sound familiar, but will have to spend the day thinking (hoping it comes on the radio)

Gonna run after work today, probably 4-5 miles.
  • What: just work

Why: meeting this evening

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: no

Tired today, not feeling like working until late evening
  • What:  I really need to go for pacy little 3-4  miler

Why: taper week... and not done anything since Saturday

Last hard: I think last Saturday's 9 miler should count.

Last rest:  ever since

Lyrics:  I can sing them,  I can sing (and "hear") the lines that follow.  But I haven't yet worked out what the song is.  Frustrating!

• Good restraint LMH, must be hard but definitely worth it in the long run. Hi Night Nurse.

What: Home Run
    Why: I'm moving next month and this route takes me almost directly from current work to new home. Shame I'll only be in the job til December. 
    Last hard: Sunday 10 miles.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics: Yes.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello all,
    lyric - like others, think I do, but not immediately obvious
    Re time on feet. Spent most of working life in a chair, but did have an 18mth period in a different role that involved lots of walking about from dept to dept, time on feet etc. So spent I reckon 50% of my time stood up. Was about a stone lighter and ran my fastest halfMs, marathons and 10ks at the time. However this was local, so had max 8hr work day, and commute of 8 miles (each way) was train (if lazy) or bike/run, unlike now, with 70-80 minute commute each way , and ~9-10 hour working day....

I digress....last nights club session was 250m hill loop (on grass), with 100m recovery x15
    Tiring to say the least, but wore spikes so at least I didnt slide everywhere.
    However, I felt the niggle in my hamstring re-lurk from a few weeks back, so today...
    what - possibly 6 easy lunchtime + QoP tonight (scheduled appointment)
    why - recovery + screaming
    last hard - I think that may be today
    last rest - saturday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lmh, you will be glad of that restrain I bet!

lyrics same as everyone, Iknow I will kick myself!

just over half a pound off again this week, slowly slowly...

what: 4 miles d&d, 10.08, 9.48, 9.24 and last mile 9.08, I am a weird runner! I always get faster, and its takes me a while to get going!

why: it was there to be done

last hard: this morning mile one!

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

What: 0

Why: having to remain on bed, leg up high, taking the tablets and hoping inflammation subsides from infection around the op site. Actually seems to be working...until I spend a short time on my feet and it flares up again. No choice about what to do then!

Lyrics: yes! Eldest often plays these. Not sure I agree with the sentiments.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: 22-mins gentle treadmill session.

Why: Just warming my legs back up after post-marathon rest period.

Lyrics: Unfortunately yes. Song was once played eight times in a three hour pub shift I worked. Fun!

• wabo: not weird - I call that progressive running image

LMH: rest up until you properly feel like doing something.

ale: more recovery wishes for you!

NN and others: can well imagine shift work playing havoc with run performance. I notice when I work late (not shifts, just long hours) that I run badly.

Well, I may have to ditch my 10k plans for the weekend. My attempt at some 10k pace didn't go to plan. Left hamstring and calf twinges that got gradually worse. Plan was 6 x 3 mins @ 10k pace but I had to bail after 5. There's another 10k on November 4. Hopefully my body will cooperate with me doing speedwork then image

What: see above - an attempt to do 10k pace
    Why: it's been a while
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

update: 6 done along the Thames , with hamstring behaving itself, although a bit achey now.
    and lyric penny has dropped...."they're only easy if you know them" -  as they say

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

What: 3.5 km run 2 min walk 1 with core afterwards
    Why: getting back into it and slowly does it
    Last hard: not just running today!

Wabo: good work on the weight loss image
    LMH Im glad you're still resting
    Ale just take it easy, fingers crossed tomorrow will be better.

Have a good one all

• Evening

Ewan: I mis-read that and thought you'd done a 22 Mile Treadmill Session !image

Glad lyrics are 'bugging' people today.imageimage

• Emzap: more worried about tomorrow than today...the dreaded prostate tests!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • ale: all the bAst for tomorrow.

• That should read. All the best for tomorrow.

• What time are you off tomorrow Alehouse?

Keep an eye on the hamstring Dustin. Did you find an autumn marathon to aim for in the end?

emzap - sounds very sensible.

Well done on the weightloss Wabo.

GGG - are you changing jobs then?

RW - keep reining yourself in, you want to feel full of bounce on the b of the bang!

chickadeee - but I do feel like doing something, I just know that whilst I could it probably wouldn't be the best thing for my legs. Mind you they were much better at the massage today than they were at the one before the marathon!

OH - not nice when work gets in the way.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

greetings all

Lyrics - think so

What - 8.5m steady
    Why - Club Run
    Last hard - Mon
    Last rest - Sun

Take care

• LMH - work not much better for tomorrow: primary care on call finishes 18:00 then CPD meeting begins 20:00 - just enough time to fit in run with JS and something to eat!
    Alehouse hope it will all be good news tomorrow although I suspect it will be longer to get a definitive answer

Probably staying at home this weekend (rather than 17.46k at Culloden)

• Evening

LMH and RW recovering and tapering are the hardest part of a marathon arent they ? but there is a reason for it.

LMH my schedule does a kind of reverse taper as the recovery period over 5 weeks (seems ages )

Hope the hammys hold up Dustina and Chick

Alehouse take care and all the best for tomorrow

Wabo well done on the weight loss I am hoing to shift a few lbs between now and VLM just to help with my time I am well within normal BMI 22 but feel 5-7 lbs will make all the difference how much have you lost so far ?

Talking of treadmill running (EwanG 87) has anyone used a treadmill for quality sessions and had success ? I was thinking of doing my tempo runs and marathon paced sections of my long runs on a treadmill just to make sure I keep the right pace,I did read that if you set it on a 1-2% incline it gives a more realistic pace making up for lack of wind resistance

What :11.2 miles in 1 hours 45  all easy sub 70% HR

Why : back to basics for a few weeks and I love that kind of running

Last Hard : 21/10/12

Last rest :  20/10/12

• Night Nurse wrote (see)

Evening

LMH and RW recovering and tapering are the hardest part of a marathon arent they ? but there is a reason for it.

bits deleted for brevity

Er... No.  It's dead easy.   Have you been doing it wrong? image

• LOL

I knew the was a reason I bottled out of a marathon this year image