Endomondo + GPS Abroad

Does anyone know if you can use Endomondo and the GPS facility abroad (USA) without being charged if I turn of my data connection?

Comments

• "Data tracking cost 
    The actual tracking through the GPS signal is free, but you will incur a minor cost from your mobile operator when using the tracker for online tracking because you transmit data from your mobile phone to the Internet. A typical workout (only tracking) lasting 30 minutes sends about 50 kb data, which should cost around US$ 0.05 or € 0.03 with an typical pay-per-use subscription (per MB). But if you use maps, receive peptalks or use other features which require data in the app, the data traffic will increase. 

We recommend that you check the cost with your mobile operator before using Endomondo. 

Also please note that the data cost is significantly higher outside your home country, so it is recommended to turn off data roaming when tracking in foreign countries, and then use Wifi networks to upload your data after the workout.Data tracking cost 
    The actual tracking through the GPS signal is free, but you will incur a minor cost from your mobile operator when using the tracker for online tracking because you transmit data from your mobile phone to the Internet. A typical workout (only tracking) lasting 30 minutes sends about 50 kb data, which should cost around US$ 0.05 or € 0.03 with an typical pay-per-use subscription (per MB). But if you use maps, receive peptalks or use other features which require data in the app, the data traffic will increase. 

We recommend that you check the cost with your mobile operator before using Endomondo. 

Also please note that the data cost is significantly higher outside your home country, so it is recommended to turn off data roaming when tracking in foreign countries, and then use Wifi networks to upload your data after the workout."

• Cheers for that.

Basically, I went to NYC last year, and noticed a few runners. I wasn't activly running out the time, but liked the idea of it.

Me and SWMBO are going in 2014 for our 30ths. I week in NYC and a week in Vegas, I plan on running around Central Park one morning. Would be nice to be able to track it too.