Tatton half marathon

Comments

•  Paul Lancaster I am looking for a number please phone 07919177237 I will sort out payment . Site wont let me msg you thanks Chris

• My first half marathon this one, looking forward to it as I only live in Altrincham so nice and convenient.

I've built up my training from doing 4 x 8mile runs per week to 3 X 8mile per week plus an additional run that has got longer each week until I ran the 13.1miles this morning and am now looking at a slight tapering down to the race.

I'm thinking about doing the Manchester Marathon next year and wondered whether I should revert back to my 4 X 8mile plan until after Christmas and New Year and start again from January to build up to April's Manc marathon or whether I should leave the longer run at a higher level to give me a better start point when (and if) I begin the marathon training

• Hi I'm after the No for this race if anyone have entered and he/she is no longer doing i will really appreciate and of course pay the full amount. thanks

• robin, I wonder what sort of time you are aiming for in the marathon. If you look at the GMM website there are various training plans. I did the one for those who just want to finish. It was 16 weeks, running 4 times a week and I think you needed to be able to run a comfortable 5-6 miles before starting it. I found the plan easy to follow. I finished in 5.17hrs and with those conditions was happy with my timeimage good luck on 4th

• anybody out there not able to do this i'd gladly take on thier number . 

•  
    lily of the valley wrote (see)

robin, I wonder what sort of time you are aiming for in the marathon. If you look at the GMM website there are various training plans. I did the one for those who just want to finish. It was 16 weeks, running 4 times a week and I think you needed to be able to run a comfortable 5-6 miles before starting it. I found the plan easy to follow. I finished in 5.17hrs and with those conditions was happy with my timeimage good luck on 4th

That sounds ideal, I think I'd been a bit optimistic based on my 10K times but having built up to the Half Marathon (and taken Cameron and Reigel into account), I guess I'd be happy with anything under 2 hours for the half and then around 4.5 hours for the full marathon, although to be honest I'd be happy to just finish a marathon

My only worry for Tatton on the 4th is that I'm used to wearing my Ipod and I know alot of races frown upon it for obvious health and safety reasons, going to have to practice "switching off" and "zoning out" without the user of music!

• I have a number for this race for anyone who needs one. You should be able to PM me via this site (though I may not pick it up before Sunday evening), or post a message here.

• robin, I plan to run with my i pod and just one ear piece in, I think on the details it advises against but doesn't ban them. I obeyed the rules at Manchester and wish I had worn mine (I was driven to singing to myself along the long lonely windy stretches!) and some people were.It makes a huge difference to my running if I can have musicimage

• Hi Doug

Im interested with the No please.

I have sent you a message with my No..

we will have to ask Race Organiser if it will be possible to do changes on sunday.

Thanks 

E

• Hi,

Unfortunately I'm unable to race next Sunday and it would be a shame to waste the number, please message me if interested.

Antz
  • jac k 4jac k 4 ✭✭✭

Yes pls Antz64 will message you

• If anyone has a place spare please could you message me or call me on 07939204895, of course i will pay in full for the place.

Much appreciated Dave

• I also would be interested in a place for this HM, message me - again, full price paid! Thanks 

• If anyone has a spare number, I would be pleased to pay full price. 0797 111 9022

• been away for a few days, looks like i've missed out on a couple of places but would still like one if somebody can't make it . 07793550777 

• lily of the valley wrote (see)

robin, I plan to run with my i pod and just one ear piece in, I think on the details it advises against but doesn't ban them. I obeyed the rules at Manchester and wish I had worn mine (I was driven to singing to myself along the long lonely windy stretches!) and some people were.It makes a huge difference to my running if I can have musicimage

That was actually my plan as the colder weather has meant that I've been running in my football hat and long sleeved shirt for the last week or so, so should be easy to wire up. Prefer to run in the cooler weather so as long as there's little frost or suchlike on Sunday I'll be happy. I think the forecast is for wet. Mrs RR will just be happy that I'll be abstaining from the demon drink for the first weekend in a long time prior to the race image (will make up for it on Sunday night tho')

• forgot to add i will gladly cough up the reddies image

• Very late I know but did anyone have any luck with spare places? I will obviously pay full price and collect.

Tim 07714 680533

Thanks

• Just had e-mail through from the organisers regarding

1) Change of entry point into Tatton Park on race day

2) Slight amendments to the race route itself

Anyone know where the race route is held online other than the official race site (which appears to still hold the old route)

Would just be interested to have a quick "virtual jog" through it prior to the weekend

• rockinrocky_robin wrote (see)

Just had e-mail through from the organisers regarding

1) Change of entry point into Tatton Park on race day

2) Slight amendments to the race route itself

Anyone know where the race route is held online other than the official race site (which appears to still hold the old route)

Would just be interested to have a quick "virtual jog" through it prior to the weekend

I think this is it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=212896839191999622895.0004ccfd4ee25ea78407c

• If you paste the below into your browser you will see the new route which was officially measured yesterday. The Start has only moved a few metres. The route outside the park is the same. We have had to change the location of the finish which has meant I've had to introduce a short dog-leg section around 3 miles to get the correct distance, but it will be well marshalled and coned so should be ok.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=215532896068105860511.0004ccd8907029d218650&msa=0&ll=53.327182,-2.363091&spn=0.058028,0.110378

• Hi

Appreciate this is last minute but only just realised that I hadn't actually paid the entry fee for this despite registering! Doh

Does anyone have a place/number that they are not intending to use, it would be so so so appreciated. I will of course reimburse you for the cost of you place

Please call me on 07739844876

Many thanks in advance

Stephen

• I have not received an e mail about any changes. Please could someone put it on the forum esp the bit about entering the park. Thank you
  • Email text:

By now you will have received your race envelope containing your race number (including chip timer) and race information.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, there have been a couple of changes made since the race information booklet was posted to you.

Competitors are now asked to access Tatton Park via the Mere Lodge Gate, which is located at the junction of Ashley Road and Mereside Road (Use WA16 6SQ for SatNavs)

The location and approach to the finish has also slightly changed.  This means that in order to maintain the correct race distance a short 'out and back' section has been added to the course around the three mile mark.

• thank you Eber, that is really helpful image

• i have a spare place. If anyone still wants it,please message me,first come first served. You will have to meet me before the race at tatton park as it is my mates entry who cant make it

• First half marathon for me tomorrow...... Looking forward to it, but also a little nervous. Only been up to 11 miles so far, but that was three weeks ago. Oh well, I'll not worry. Been up to look at  Ashley on the bike yesterday, looks like it should be a lovely course through beautiful countryside, so if I have to walk.........See you all there...

• Hi im looking for a liftyto this race.. is anyone travelling from around manchester city centre please? will chip in for petrol thanks.