sponsors

im 14 and im really into running and i wondering if u no how fast u have to run 5k in to get sponsed my fastest is 21:14 and i have only been running 3 weeks

Comments

• Join a club, get good, get on a team, compete, get spotted.  Work on your English, while you're at it.

• I'm 15 and I want a sponsor too, if you want one you have to be very good and have competed and done quite well. You have to offer a company something too, it's a two way street. And believe it or not, your English might help you presenting your sponsorship. 

And you have to be very dedicated, this may mean you have two run twice a day. I'm already doing that, I'm hoping to have a sponsor in 1-2 years.

• I know a couple of runners who have attracted low level sponsorship - free kit and shoes and the occasional Garmin toy on loan for an extended test - by keeping a running blog and updating it several times a week. If you have a blog that's popular and followed by hundreds (or thousands) of people, sponsors know if they give you a nice bit of kit you're going to blog about it which is free advertising for them.I'm not advocating this as something you should do as a means of getting free stuff, just that it's a nice bonus for people who have been logging and blogging their running for years...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.