4 Easy Miles. legs stiff today.

Dustin: Had my coffeeimage

NN: You just sit smugly during the day if you know the lyricsimage

Akle: Hope you do see progress

Paddy: Same with you mate.

Comments

• Morning.

Sounds mostly enjoyable Blisters!

Off to the in-laws via the Cotswold's then onto the seaside for a long weekend - hence my need to be running again image

What:            an hour on the turbo
    Why:             won't be able to do anything but run for the next few days
    Last hard:     not doing
    Last rest:      25/10

Lyrics - I'm on a roll at the moment. 

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

LMH: sounds like a pleasant weekend plan

What: consultant phoned last night. Wants to see me urgently. Which is good. Downside is the travel. Lift to Chester (done). Train. Taxi. Return will be taxi, train, train, taxi...unless he keeps me in, which I am prepared for.

Will report back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    AleH - I think it all sounds like its moving the right way..
    LmH - have a lovely long weekend, but as Birks suggests its getting a bit fresher out there
    Blisters - sounds good. I'm with you, why publicise when the house is empty? Few people put those inane pics of holidays up on facebook 'just arrived at airport' & 'us at big ben's diner' like anyone gives a ...but we'll be round later to raid your valuables...
    What - 6 miles at lunchtime
    Why - in the groove and hammy stretching. Yesterday turned in to a few casual miles with the little people: had them doing continuous hill relays. Lovely to see the effort they put in, and barely a face without a smile....
    last rest - saturday
    last hard - toosdays hills
    lyric - yeppers, although I think I was off with yesterdays

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

xc post Ale - and i can't edit....best of luck today!

• Morning

LMH Dubai marathon on 25 January so plenty of time

Ale: sounds more positive

What: ABRA'S 10k 42:26

Why: I run it every year

Last hard: that was, sticky, humid 28C

Last rest: Saturday

Finished 41st out of 397, 2nd M50. Not a great time but I beat a lot of folks who I haven't beaten for awhile so heat got to all. Nice glass trophy, various 2XU merchandise and a bottle of Gin. Result
  • Morning!

I trust you were joking with your answer to yesterday's lyrics Birkmere !!

What...  eating pasta, then driving up to Preston (will seem odd to do that without going to Deepdale!)

Why... Race day is around the corner

Lyrics: - Yes. That's two in a row!

Have a great Friday.

• Alehouse Assume that's the orthopod concencerned about infection

What: rest
    Why: it's needed (and there's a few brass monkeys wandering about)
    Last rest: depends on what you call rest (a lot happening at work)

Lyrics: no

Cool 4 miles sqeezed in yesterday evening

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning

oh I am pretty sure I know these lyrics

lmh, that sounds like a lovely weekend, enjoy!

alehouse, hope it all goes well for you

nice one DD!

good luck RW

what: I think I will rest

why: Gym session = achy upper body!

last hard: yesterday: last easy: tuesday

racing at Perivale tomorrow, North of the Thames xctry.  NOt done this one so it should be interesting!

Have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh and October is looking like the 3rd highest mileage month this year for, not high by any means but getting there!

• Morning all. Parkrun and first XC race this Sunday. I've certainly allowed myself a quieter week at the running rock face. After Sunday's 19M, I took two days off, then did 13M on Wednesday night and have also allowed myself a pair of rest days. It's been a high mileage month for me and I was starting to feel it a bit, to be honest. Hopefully this will allow for some good performances this weekend and some uninterrupted training for the Zevenheuvelenloop next month.

Lyrics: yes.

DD: Good time in that heat.

LMH: enjoy yourself!

Best of luck to anyone racing this weekend too.

• Morning all.

Good luck to any racers this weekend.

Ale - I hope the duck quacks!!

I have been in the pool - nothing major but the first step is taken. No running in sight yet & I'm not rushing!.

Particularly diificult at moment as Dublin Marathon on Monday!! Everyone asking me if i'm running it.

Had a few drinks on board last Saturday night and told several people that I shouldnt have that I will be back stronger than ever for a national medal at over 50 to match my O45 one. - That gives me 3 years!! Also vowed that i would break 2.40 next year - silly old me - I normally keep quiet about these targets.

Anyway, i'm off again for another sojourn & will look in soon.

• Today's lyrics not sure, but for yesterday's it's the other way round, 'Run' is by Snow Patrol covered by Leona Lewis!

What: Gym.
    Why: Haven't been all week.
    Last hard: Yesterday's 5k fun run was a challenge. I ran there from work (only about 10-15 mins) and then my pesky wings detatched themselves quite early on and were flapping about in an annoying fashion.
    Last rest: Tuesday.

LMH jealous of your long weekend, it sounds very nice. Unfortunately the area I work in (libraries and archives) most jobs are short-term projects. I'll have been 14 months in my current job, the longest full-time non-retail job I've had. Permanent jobs are out there, I just haven't been able to get one yet.

Good luck Run Wales!!

• Hope the cold vaporises Tom, and that you can run the Fenland 10, or are you volunteering to marshall?

DD, what a brilliant result! I knew that you were flying at the moment, but that is a fantastic outcome. 42 min for a v50 10k is good too, 28 degrees is about as warm as I'd like it to be for a 10k, and too hot for me to get a longer run paced correctly.

Wabo, some solid training going on there, is there a focal point?
    7D, Wabo, good racing.
    Ale, fingers crossed.

Lyrics? Yes in as much as I've got the earworm and can see the emotive pictures that went with it.

Training, probably. Once I've got my bike back and the wife has gone out.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

What: getting our British car some German number plates (and succeeding image)
    Why: we're no longer insured under British plates
    Last hard: see above

Last night's "slow 10 km" turned into a fast 12 km.  Everyone at the session was capable of it so we went for it.  Hip is feeling stiff this morning, but much better than last week, so there must be improvement, right?

Ale good luck
    LHM enjoy the weekend and the slow, recovery running image
    Wabo keep it up.

Have a good Friday all

• Oh dear, Paddy .... hope the others where equally drunk and won't remember image

DD: nice win image

emzap: sounds like a good run

alehouse: very promising news. Don't stress too much about PSA levels. In some people they mean absoultely nothing. Mr. Chick's are constantly very high but he had the biopsy and everything and he's right as rain.

what: 7 miles
    why: beautiful morning but hat & gloves were needed
    last rest: Tuesday
    last hard: Wednesday
    lyrics: yes. And of course I should have known yesterday's too!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

blisters, not really.  This has been my worst ever year for running so right now I am trying to build up again, pick up some fitness and not get injured along the way!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

lyrics - yes and the same emotive response as Blisters.

Blisters - not running the Fenland 10, though I have done so three times previously. I'm on car parking duties, which ironic as the last time I went track training in Kings Lynn I couldn't find my own car in the car park and reduced to running round the car clicking the car key and looking for a car with flashing lights - much to the amusement of all.

Paddy - keep the faith, things will come back eventually. Notwithstanding, I can empathise with your frustration. Had you considered surgery?

Steady six miles run this morning*. I'm still carrying the cold, but it's no real problem providing I keep the running relaxed and comfortable.

* Yer bugger, it were cold out this morning. Don't normally get into me thermals before the clocks go back, but I might have to this year!
  • Afternoon!
    Just back from a tiring trip to the consultant: lift/train/taxi/taxi/train/train/taxi! Out for about 8 hours allll for 20 minutes or so of his time! Antibiotics have been changed for something more powerful: just hope I don't react badly like I often do! Another swab taken...wound seemed to be leaking a bit today. Having been advised to push through the tendon for the past week I am now to put no weight on it at all for 3 or 4 days, so confinded to bed with foot up and the minimum of one footed work on the crutches!

Well done DD!  Going well!

Have a good weekend everyone! Wonder if NZC has decided to marathon or not.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: Sets in 100m, 200m and  long jump

Why: To get trained for track and feild in Summer

• Afternoon

What :easy 6

Why : Think I over did the squats yesterday (doms in places I didnt know I had image )

Last hard : officailly 21st but beginnning to think yesterday

Last rest : 20th

Lyrics : yes ....love that one

Nice one DD good time for an old man ( I am allowed to say that as I reached that catagory this year image )if ever I am a little dispointed with my time (not that you should be ) I too look to see how close I was to any rivals to get a btter idea and sometines its a confidence boost and know you must be used that heat but give me this chilly Devon air we are having today anytime

Ale that journey couldnt have done you any favours feeling like you do already !! just make sure you do as you are told.

• Oh and good luck Wabo and RW and anyone else racing this weekend

• Alehouse - it's just not fair, you really have had your share of bad luck lately, and have to travel so far to get treatment. Really hope the medication does the trick, you heal quickly and you are ready to go.

Still don't feel great, still don't know what to do. I don't want a dnf, but I would like to finish another Auckland marathon so I can be a Roadster. I'm not worried about time, I just don't want to make myself feel any worse.

Don't even feel like going for a little jog, just to see how I feel - how bad is that!

• Evening

Glad a few of you have got todays lyrics: I just really like this tune/song.

• Good to see you NZC! Hope you toe the line and get round: after all if your untrained son can...!

NN: annoyingly I have been following the advice pretty well to the letter, although I don't think anyone was expecting an infection this bad! Aim to stay in bed until Monday, pretty well, and avoid going down the stairs as far as possible. Your training seems to have gone pretty well this week, squats apart!

Good luck to the weekend racers: 7D, which parkrun and which XC? Enjoy Preston, RW and your XC Wabo!
  • Alehouse: Bramhall parkrun, if I get up early enough, and the XC is NW Sunday League, all over Merseyside way. Sunday is at Clarks Gardens in Liverpool, next week more or less at home at Beacon Park in Skelmersdale...

• 7D: from what I remember of Clarks Gardens it was a muddy undulating multi lap course! Not done Bramhall but watched it and that too is undulating. Enjoy! Watch the wooden bridge: gets very slippery when it's icy.
  • I felt much better for an hour on the turbo this morning. Looking forward to a little run by the sea tomorrow afternoon if I'm not too tired and relying on the move south to help alleviate the drop in temperature!

Alehouse - hope the new drugs sort it.

NZC - are you still on the antibiotics? How is your RHR? Much as want the Roadster don't risk it if you fear for your longer term health.

Dustin - you are so good in giving time to coach the youngsters, it's great that you get so much enjoyment from it too.

Hope the weekend's racers have good ones. 

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Alehouse - you deserve a big break after this of good fortune and blessings and I hope you get it.

Lyrics - yes

What - 6m
    Why - Steady run at work
    Last Hard - Monday
    Last rest - Yesterday

Club AGM last night and some severe resutructuring all within the constitution, but at last the chairman has been able to get his teeth in to it after a year in the job. I was hoping to relinquish some of my tasks... but came away with more.... dont all laugh at once but I will now be the PR guy for the club (basicaly the press reports for the local rag etc..... - but when covering 275 athlets this could get tricky esp with names etc....) this along with taking on a sub committee that I dont know which one yet and my usual duties of team manager for the road runners, all good fun...

Take care